Blog, News and Events
For all the news on new stuff!
Elite Mobs - A New Way to Gear Up!
We recently added a new plugin to our server, called Elite Mobs. This is a fairly big step out of the ordinary for those familiar with Minesquish, as we've always tried to remain a "vanilla" server, one with little to no changes to the way the developers intend Minecraft to be played. We've decided to take a few steps to make the server more engaging and provide more to do for our players, with this all being part of the first stage.
If you're not familiar with Elite Mobs, it adds a progression system to combat and the weapons and armor you use. The better your armor is, the higher the level of the monsters spawning around you. The higher the level of the monsters, the more abilities they possess and better gear they drop when killed.
After you acquire some gear from various monsters, you can either equip it to increase your own level, or sell it to the Adventurer's Guild! You can find the guild in the North-West section of the spawn town, Halfmoon Harbor. When selling your gear, you'll receive special coins that can be used to buy more gear, or increase your rank with the Adventurer's Guild. Higher ranks bring better loot!
We've also made some changes to the Elite Mobs monsters, including:
- The damage Elite monsters do to players has been lowered by 30%.
- The damage players do to Elite monsters has been raised by 30%.
These changes should make the Elite monsters easier to dispose of for everyone on the server.
While adventuring in the Exploration world, you may come across some special enemies, including (but not limited to!):
- The Zombie King! A fearsome foe from the depths of undeath, the Zombie King is clad in Gold armor and commands a group of undead. He possesses several abilities to fight any who wish to challenge the might of the undead horde.
- Pumpkin Fiend Headhunter! An ever-present threat to the citizens of Minesquish, the Pumpkin Fiends have sent several headhunters to catch adventurers unawares. Equipped with an axe and shield, the Pumpkin Fiend Headhunter is ready to brawl.
- Urajai, the Lost Soul! A haunted spirit that roams the icy plains, the Lost Soul freezes its enemies before unleashing a torrent of arrows.
More special encounters and monsters roam the Exploration world, looking for a fight! Loot and glory awaits!
The Buildoff Returns!
After a long break, the Indiesquish Buildoff returns!
Our Buildoff is a two to four week themed challenge where players build anything they think fits into the given theme for the challenge. At the end of the challenge period, our admin team judges the build and picks a winner, who's build is moved into our "museum" area, where it will permanently stay.
The Buildoff world not only houses the Buildoff challenge, but also has two other games for you and your friends to play! To the right of the gate lies a Spleef arena, an oldschool favorite. To the left, Squishionary! Our take on the board game, one person will randomly receive and build a specific object. The first person to guess it wins!
The Buildoff World is now open to everyone, and the first theme for the Buildoff will be "Space"!
You can access this world with the chat command /gb.
While the Buildoff competition does not normally award a "physical" prize, we wanted to kick things off with a bang! The chosen winner will receive a copy of The Maker's Eden, developed by Screwy Lightbulb.
Whether you're a veteran builder looking to impress, or a new player looking for some practice, be sure to give it a shot!