The Weekly Squish - Issue #1

Fauxx
Admin

The Weekly Squish - Issue #1

Postby Fauxx » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:17 am

Hello Everyone! It's been a busy week here at Indiesquish and I hope all of you are having a great summer so far! As you may, (or may not!) know, the server has recently updated to version 1.12, the World of Color update! This is a very exciting time for all of us here, because with the coming of summer and the start of a new world, there's lots of time and space for fun!

Buildoff

The Buildoff competition's recent theme, "The Wild Wild West!", came to a close yesterday, with AtomicWaffles_ winning this round. You can find more information, along with pictures, in the topic for this theme. We have started the new Buildoff theme in celebration of the great Willowshome. The new theme is "Tree Houses"! This theme will end on approximately July 9th.

Terraria & Starbound

More exciting news, both our Terraria and Starbound servers have been brought back online, thanks to some quick troubleshooting from a horde of pixies that we definitely have under control and definitely are not afraid of. You can chat and share your screenshots of the server in each game's subforum.

Featured Build

In each issue of the Weekly Squish, we're going to be taking a look at one build on the Minesquish server. These builds may not always be complete, but the creativity behind them is what we really want to shine a light on. Over the course of the week, if you see a build you'd like to be featured, or would like to submit your own, let us know! You can contact Fauxx here on the forums or on our Discord chat. He checks both more than he probably should in a day. For the first week, while everyone is finishing settling in for the journey ahead, we'll be taking a look at Willowshome, the big tree you spawn in on Greenleaf.

Willowshome was built by several of the admin team over the course of a couple days. We decided to name the world Greenleaf, and with it, came the... green leaves.

For me personally, I feel like building in a jungle brings lots of things to the table. The nights seem so much more dark, while the days seem much more relaxed, with lots of leaf cover and shade. This can be seen in Willowshome, where you start out at the top, out in the sun and looking out over the canopy, sunlight spilling over the trees. Yet if you travel down to the bottom, you're in another place completely. Undergrowth and shorter trees grow in under the jungle trees, almost covering the grass completely, and helping the canopy to blot out the sun.

The interior of Willowshome serves a purpose as well, providing shelter and some of the amenities you may need to survive out in the world. These include, but are not limited to, a fully powered enchanting table, storage, alchemy stands, and more.

Again, if you'd like to talk to Fauxx about having your build featured, send him a PM here or on Discord. We're featuring one build a week, and would love to show off yours!
Giveaway

Lastly, we will be holding a giveaway for a copy of the Don't Starve Together Frontier Pack! This includes the base game, Don't Starve, along with the multiplayer version, Don't Starve Together. To enter the giveaway, simply post below about an adventure you've had in a video game. It doesn't have to be something that happened on Minesquish or any of or servers. We'd just like to read your stories! To redeem this prize you must have a Steam account! You have until Saturday, the 17th, at midnight CST.

Thank you for reading. This has been the first issue of the Weekly Squish. I'll be looking for ways to improve it and for more things to include as time goes on. If you've got any feedback or questions, leave them in the comments below and I or another admin will answer as soon as we can.

CreeperX3sssBOOM

Re: The Weekly Squish - Issue #1

Postby CreeperX3sssBOOM » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:58 pm

:? When I 1st played OoT(I had cheats on)mom let me beat the 1st boss and I LOVED IT!so...mom got me a N64 Emulator(does that count as a consol?)and every single N64 game that existed! So I went back to OoT and played with Cheats and once I got to Adult Link I had my 1st taste of a Re-Dead...and now I am scared of them for life...cant beat Zelda games that have Re-Deads(and their mummy cousins the Gibo)anymore...

At Least I Got To Know The Yellow Zombies(AKA Re-Deads)?

-CreeperX3sssBOOM

P.S. as of the time of writing this I am the only one to post...so I win? :?

P.P.S. My Steam Name Is creeperx3sssboom

nyoubel

Postby nyoubel » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:22 am

Last edited by nyoubel on Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YellowPieGuy

Postby YellowPieGuy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:29 am

I'm glad that the other servers are back online, but I wish I hadn't already modded both Terraria and Starbound incredibly hard. Speaking of Terraria, I might as well talk about an experience I had with it. One of the mods added this glacier biome that made me really slow. I thought it wouldn't be a problem, but it just made the enemies even harder. One enemy was a really fast wolf, and the other was a giant head that could float through walls. Both of them did 30 damage on every hit, which was over a quarter of my 130 health, and they inflicted an effect that would do 6 damage per second, with a 10 second countdown that reset every time I was hit. Needless to say, 90 damage per hit was far more than I could handle, so I died. A lot. This might not have been as much as a problem if I chose a different class, but I decided it would be fun to use the thrower class, one of the classes that relies on accuracy a lot. Eventually I gave up for a while and finally made it to a crimson biome past the glacier. which was about 20 blocks long before I got to the glacier again.

Fauxx
Admin

Postby Fauxx » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:54 pm

Thanks for entering everyone! This week's winner is YellowPieGuy! Be sure to come back later today for your chance at another game in the next issue of the Weekly Squish!

YellowPieGuy, can you confirm your steam name? I think you are YellowPie84 but I just wanted to be certain.

kongering
SquishKittyKong

Postby kongering » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:11 pm

Woot! Congrats YellowPieGuy!

YellowPieGuy

Postby YellowPieGuy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:21 pm

Nice! my Steam name is YellowPie84.

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:13 pm

Congrats, YellowPie! Have fun with the game!

Return to “News & Announcements”