SERVER RULE - NO XP/MONSTER FARMS

Server news & announcements for the MineSquish Minecraft server
WelshPixie
Owner

SERVER RULE - NO XP/MONSTER FARMS

Postby WelshPixie » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:14 pm

Howdy Squishers!

Our server has always tried to stick closely to vanilla play, while having a few small convenience plugins like homes and chest-locking in place. We like our players to have the singleplayer Minecraft experience, but with friends in a community - by that, I mean we don't toggle day, we don't teleport you around, etc. - you have to do things 'the hard way'.

Experience and items have been increasingly easy to come by of late. When you're playing on a server where hundreds of people log in daily, nothing is in short supply. We want to re-introduce item scarcity, having to work for things, having to hunt things down. You may hate us for it, but we feel it'll ultimately make a more fun playing experience and will help tackle boredom.

No XP farms, mob farms or item farms of any kind are allowed anywhere on the server. This includes farms of any type, in any world. No mobs will be forced to spawn in a certain area, and they should not be contained by something you build. If we find one or if you create one, you will be banned for breaking an official server rule.

* To avoid confusion, please note that peaceful livestock animals can be kept and bred in farms/pens as usual, but the number of animals you are keeping in a pen MUST be ten or less to prevent lag.

Thank you - and please help spread the word so that everyone knows!

- Pixie
Image Steve Quest - the original Minecraft point-&-click adventure!

calhome

Re: SERVER RULE - NO XP/MONSTER FARMS

Postby calhome » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:28 pm

do automactic machines , like complex redstone matchines that make potions for you count as farms ? , what about automatice smelters

1wolffan
Admin

Postby 1wolffan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:44 pm

I think the smelters are fine, as long as they aren't used as chunk loaders. But I'm not sure about the complex redstone machines. I know I have one that's a pretty big piston door, but then the redstone doesn't activate until I pull a lever either. I'll ask the bosses.

The main idea is, we're trying to cut back on lag as much as possible. Too much redstone can equal said lag. That seems to be the guideline that we're going for.
Always Mischievous,
Never Devious!

Crossfire94
Admin

Postby Crossfire94 » Sun May 01, 2016 6:40 pm

calhome wrote:do automactic machines , like complex redstone matchines that make potions for you count as farms ? , what about automatice smelters

Both of those "should" be a-okie in my book as long as they are built either in our Main world Shinon or our Exploration World.
日本語だいすき!!
アニメといいですね!
Ask Me Anything!

Fauxx
Admin

Postby Fauxx » Mon May 02, 2016 3:06 am

Yep, those can be anywhere except Freebuild. I have an absolutely huge potion machine myself and use it pretty often.

Return to “MineSquish News & Announcements”