NEW 1.8 SERVER - SIHNON GUIDE

Server news & announcements for the MineSquish Minecraft server
WelshPixie
Owner

NEW 1.8 SERVER - SIHNON GUIDE

Postby WelshPixie » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:00 pm

The server main home world is called 'Sihnon' . This is the world you'll build your permanent player homes on.

HOW SIHNON WORKS

The whole world of Sihnon is divided up into invisible square plots, like cuboids, that are 50 x 50 - the same size as the plot you're allowed to have on Persephone to build your home in. Each player can ONLY CLAIM ONE plot, so as soon as you've claimed your plot, that's it - no more. That's the only place you can build in on Sihnon.

We will be adding functionality to abandon your plot so that you can move to and claim a new plot in the near future, but that isn't in the game yet, so I'm going to say this in nice big caps: THE FIRST PLOT YOU CLAIM IS YOUR ONLY PLOT AND YOU CANNOT MOVE (yet). Choose wisely.

So, here's how you claim your plot;

When you walk across the map you'll see welcome messages that notify you when you've entered a new plot, like 'Welcome to plot 100!'. Here are your commands;

/region info - tells you the information of a plot; whether you're on a plot, what the number is, and if anyone owns it.

/mine - this claims your plot and sets you as the owner. You can now build in your plot.

IMPORTANT - there are no commands to take you to your plot, so if you forget where your plot is, WE CAN'T HELP YOU. So, you MUST either make note of your plot number, write down the coordinates, /sethome inside your plot or build something recognisable in your plot straight away - or all of the above.

Sharing Plots - Each player can only own, and be a member of, one plot - so there will be NO plot sharing. Exploration and Freebuild will still function as the 'communal building' worlds even though they get reset. Note for parents - if you play on the server with your young children and want to share a house, notify an admin and we'll manually add family members to the plot.

NAVIGATING WORLDS

There are no portals any more, other than portals to the nether and end. Here are your commands for moving across worlds;

/go freebuild or /gf
/go exporation or /gx
/go buildoff or /gb
/go sihnon or /gs
/go bigbuild or /gbb

/halp still works to take you to the spawn town of Sihnon from wherever you are in the world

/void still works to take you to your void

ROLEPLAY CHAT CHANNEL

I've created a new chat channel for people to use when roleplaying on the server - for example, for the players who like roleplaying in Freebuild.

/ch join roleplaying - joins the channel
/ch leave roleplaying - leaves the channel
/ch r - focuses on the channel for you to chat into it
/ch G - changes focus back to 'Global'

Any roleplaying done on the server now MUST be done either via private messages or in the roleplay channel. :)

ALSO NEW - whenever you join the server, you will ALWAYS join at Sihnon spawn town.

GENERAL ISSUES - it seems there are teleportation issues / world join issues. You might spawn inside the world or underground or in the air and fall and die. :(

PLOT MAP

The red patch in the middle is spawn. The other coloured squares are the 'special' builds like FNAF (pale green, left) and McPook's (purple). The plots are 50x50 and there's a 12 block space in between each one. The plots that intersect with the special builds have been removed and are unavailable. The straight lines (the inner green square and the north-south and west-east lines) are the main roads.

Image Steve Quest - the original Minecraft point-&-click adventure!

Crossfire94
Admin

Re: NEW 1.8 SERVER - SIHNON GUIDE

Postby Crossfire94 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:27 pm

Woot new world hype!!! \o/
Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken!
The force will free me.
-Sith Code

MegMeowse

Postby MegMeowse » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:24 am

I caaan show you the world...
Looks lovely! Like the japanese-like style of it, cant wait to explore :D . Hope DOOM was fun, too. Would love to see screenshots >.<
Formerly known as XxSkaterMegXx o/
Okay. Look. We both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster. -GlaDOS

Fauxx
Admin

Postby Fauxx » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:02 am

Doom has not happened quite yet. You can find some rabid rabbits in Persephone and watch out for events taking place over the next few days.

MegMeowse

Postby MegMeowse » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:51 am

Fauxx wrote:Doom has not happened quite yet. You can find some rabid rabbits in Persephone and watch out for events taking place over the next few days.

Ahh, thanks Fauxx
Hehe, in that case I would love to enjoy doom and all the terror it brings ^.^
Formerly known as XxSkaterMegXx o/
Okay. Look. We both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster. -GlaDOS

Lepharian
Pumpkin Fiend

Postby Lepharian » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:09 am

This came as a surprise, even for me! and as a result... there are some structures aren't ready quite yet for people to use and explore!

This includes the
Recycling Centre (We er...need to make sure our magical recycling Pixies are ready for the stacks and stacks of cobble you lot will no doubt be giving them ;) )

Sihnon Dojo (Still prone to cave in's, need to make sure the place doesn't collapse on you...(also a strange surge of...martial Art clones going rampant)).

The Sihnon branch of Freddy Fazbears Pizza. (Our health inspector went missing... so I'll be er...conducting a "health" inspection of my own when I have time...but first I need to read that copy of Health Inspecting for Dummies!)

I'll let you know when they're open

I'll be sure to give an explanation for Recycling Centre when its open for business ^^. As the name suggests, you take stacks of unwanted dirt/cobble etc. And Earn a few recycling points to spend on cool stuff! Like some decorative heads, or...a really expensive but actually sorta works, Diving Helmet!

The Dojo is actually a huge place for adventurers to explore! Huge I tell you! But some parts of it may remain closed off for a while! Even after its initial opening! Don't go there expecting to get martial art lessons.

And the restaurant sorta speaks for itself, you know. Go in, buy food. Eat...use the restrooms, pay the bill. Go home before closing time, have nightmares about the creepy Animatronics that sang to you while you were there. That sort of thing. Just make sure your an adequate age before you go trying to apply for a job there. I hear the hours are rough!
You lose a fly to catch a Trout.

Youtubes; Currently Leph playing 'Undertale!'
The Twitterbirds

Alexandermonkey2

Postby Alexandermonkey2 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:24 pm

Wow - good stuff.

So if I (or Zander) log in, will we/he arrive in Sihnon or Persephone?

I can't (Dusty) log in to the server for some reason, so I might re-apply with a new account - is this ok?

Where can I get a good haircut?

That's probably enough questions for now ;)

Dusty

Alexandermonkey2

Postby Alexandermonkey2 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:26 pm

PS - will there be a public transport system?

Dusty

Fauxx
Admin

Postby Fauxx » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:02 pm

Right now we just have roads set up around the plots closer to spawn. You will arrive in Sihnon. You can return to Persephone with /gdoom. The world has phase-shifted into the End, though, so be careful! There have also been carnivorous rabbits spotted.

WelshPixie
Owner

Postby WelshPixie » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:58 pm

Alexandermonkey2 wrote:So if I (or Zander) log in, will we/he arrive in Sihnon or Persephone?

I think Sihnon - Rusty's set it up so that whenever you log in you always join at Sihnon spawn, to stop things like players joining in other people's voids.

Alexandermonkey2 wrote:I can't (Dusty) log in to the server for some reason, so I might re-apply with a new account - is this ok?

Just making a note here that I've already spoken to you about this ^.^

Alexandermonkey2 wrote:Where can I get a good haircut?

My cousin back in Wales is the best hairdresser ever!

Alexandermonkey2 wrote:That's probably enough questions for now ;)

Phew!

Snugs

Postby Snugs » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:02 pm

Was told by the All-Knowing Pixie to post my problems here! Posting for myself and one other!

PercyJHurricane and I (Snugs, previously known as SnuggleGuide) are having problems with our voids. As far as I know, Percy hasn't changed her name, but I have.

If you need anymore info, I can try to squeeze some out of Percy and you can PM me?

Thanks!
~Snugs :D

------

Of course I talk to my horse, who else can I trust?

WelshPixie
Owner

Postby WelshPixie » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:05 pm

Percy's void is fine, she's being silly. Rusty was there with her and it was all working. :P

WelshPixie
Owner

Postby WelshPixie » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:31 pm

Updated the first post with info about the roleplaying chat channel. :)

1wolffan
Community Helper

Postby 1wolffan » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:00 pm

CARROTS!!! Carrots? Carrots, carrots.
If you see me in the server, I seem to have eaten my entire farm of its carrots. Not sure why, but it may have something to do with the rabid rabbits. I did get bitten by one a while ago. So if you see me in server, try to get me some carrots. It'd also be nice if someone could figure out a way to help me need less carrots. They are delicious though. :D

PS: Carrots.
Always Mischievous,
Never Devious!

mummywummy

Postby mummywummy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:38 am

the new world is excellent, looking forward to finding a plot! i am going to explore first before i settle i think. as a parent, the new world is great as it means my son can't accidentally grief anything or damage the pretty areas of landscape.

one small issue--my son, drwhoeternity, lost the armour (diamond) he was wearing when the world was reset. any way for him to get it back? i've checked through his void and his chests and it hasn't been stored anywhere. he's only 7 and quite sensitive about it. thanks.

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:07 am

Minecraftgeek - region edges show up in chat.. it will say 'Welcome to plot311' or something similar. So walk ahead until you see that message and you've found the plot edge. Then plunk down some torches or something :)

WelshPixie
Owner

Postby WelshPixie » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:34 pm

Mummywummy - grab an admin in-game and we'll see what we can do. :)

MCG - alternatively you can just place dirt in a line until you can't place it any more. The only place you can build on the world of Sihnon is in your plot, so once you're not able to place any more blocks you've reached the edge of your plot. I think there's also a client-side world edit plugin you can install on your client that'll give you a visual indicator of region edges. :)

Snugs

Postby Snugs » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:55 pm

Thanks for the map, Pix! Helps a lot!
~Snugs :D

------

Of course I talk to my horse, who else can I trust?

WelshPixie
Owner

Postby WelshPixie » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:01 pm

Updated the first post with a map of the plots. :)

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:58 pm

I didn't notice this before, but... (FYI) the '/region info' does give you the plot bounds.

Return to “MineSquish News & Announcements”