Void Plots

Server news & announcements for the MineSquish Minecraft server
WelshPixie
Owner

Void Plots

Postby WelshPixie » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:13 pm

THE VOID PLOT

The Void Plot is a bordered* 16x16 floating slab of land in the void, composed of bedrock, dirt, dirt, and grass. Each player (in any of the above ranks) gets their own Void Plot, accessible by typing /void in-game (note that as you can't use commands in the RP world, the Void Plot is not accessible from that world).

The Void Plot shares an inventory with every other shared world - so Triumph, Skylands, Forest Caves (and then the new Big Build world when it replaces FC) and Exploration.

Players are not able to visit other people's Void Plots - your Void Plot is completely private to you. Admins, however, CAN visit anyone's void plot, so don't use it for hiding all the stuff you've stolen because we gon' find you.

There's only one thing you can't do there, and that's spawning animals or mobs (animals and mobs are completely disabled), which includes using mob-spawners to spawn animals (you can place the spawner, but they just won't spawn - and note that if we catch you placing and breaking a spawner for XP, you'll be banned. And we WILL catch you.).

What's it for?

Anything. It's big enough to build a house and a farm and a storage area. There's no vertical limit, you can build as high as you want. You can use it for private storage, private farms - it's your own private, personal space.

*Border - it's 16x16, and we can't make a border on an even numbered space, so you'll have a slight offset. On one side you won't be able to walk but you can place, and on the other side you'll be able to fall off the edge. For people who've already made their voids, DO NOT FALL OFF THE EDGE. It'll kill you. For new people making their voids, Rusty's changed the schematic to have an extra row of bedrock around the edge to catch you.

Once again, the in-game command is /void

Enjoy!
Image Steve Quest - the original Minecraft point-&-click adventure!

CrazySquish

Re: Void Plots

Postby CrazySquish » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:50 pm

I like that idea, it could be where players store their most valuable items or even where they make huge void castles to sleep in the void.
Squish - The craziest of crazy.

Alexandermonkey2

Postby Alexandermonkey2 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:50 am

hi. I tried to go to my void plot but it says /void is an unknown command. Other peeps tell me they are going to theirs but I can't. Can you help?

Alexandermonkey2

1wolffan
Community Helper

Postby 1wolffan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:58 pm

Try to use the /fixvoid command...

If that doesn't work, you might have to let us know if you had a prior name on the server or not. We might be able to fix it.
Always Mischievous,
Never Devious!

Sean

Postby Sean » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:42 pm

I cant access my void and when i try to it says unsafe to travel to void. (Its probably because I changed my name) I'm in no rush to have it fixed I just thought i'd tell you. (P.S. The command is /fixvoid.. tried the others and it said "Unknown Command"
Ign: Insi

Alexandermonkey2

Postby Alexandermonkey2 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:12 am

Thanks Wolffan. it works now.

1wolffan
Community Helper

Postby 1wolffan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:55 am

Sean wrote:I cant access my void and when i try to it says unsafe to travel to void. (Its probably because I changed my name) I'm in no rush to have it fixed I just thought i'd tell you. (P.S. The command is /fixvoid.. tried the others and it said "Unknown Command"

Thanks. I edited my post accordingly.
Always Mischievous,
Never Devious!

Aminotreal

Postby Aminotreal » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:45 am

I just joined the server today and I tried to use my void plot...
It teleported me there, but there was no ground and I kept falling and had to teleport to my home.
When I tried to re-access my void plot, it says that it was unsafe and that I couldn't teleport there.
I tried the /fixvoid command, it said that it was already known in the Multiverse.

theMote
Admin

Postby theMote » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:51 pm

Aminotreal,

For some reason void's have been generating that way. I'll take a look when I get on this evening (U.S. Pacific time) and see if I can fix it up for you.

-Mote

theMote
Admin

Postby theMote » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:32 am

Aminotreal,

I think I've fixed up your void. Next time you are on give it a try and let me know if you successfully land on your little 16X16 plot of grass.

Thanks,
Mote.

AceiaTx

Postby AceiaTx » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:25 pm

Hi, My void plot says its unsafe? Can it be fixed?

Thanks!

AceiaTx

AMinecraftMaster

Postby AMinecraftMaster » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:53 am

Three things.

1: Plots no longer have boundaries. I haven't tested to see if this means you can lose your stuff. This might already be known, but there it is.

2: When I spawn in my void, I start a hundred feet or so in the air. Luckily, I have a pond of water in the middle of my void, but this still weird. This leads into the third thing.

3: When I type /spawn in my void, I spawn at y: -20 or something. I have to type /home out before I die (and I do anyway)
This has been a message by
-AMM-

I make Youtube videos once in a blue moon. Check them out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCAw57k4s-h1UD-fSLf_lHQ

WelshPixie
Owner

Postby WelshPixie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:24 am

AMinecraftMaster wrote:1: Plots no longer have boundaries. I haven't tested to see if this means you can lose your stuff. This might already be known, but there it is.

We removed plot borders because they were interfering with the borders on the main world. They were only there to stop you from falling to your death anyway. Who doesn't like a good void-dive now and then? :D

AMinecraftMaster wrote:2: When I spawn in my void, I start a hundred feet or so in the air. Luckily, I have a pond of water in the middle of my void, but this still weird. This leads into the third thing.

That's odd. It's supposed to spawn you into a specific location that's on the ground and if there's something blocking that location it'll ping you up until it finds a safe spot. I'll let Rusty know. :)

AMinecraftMaster wrote:3: When I type /spawn in my void, I spawn at y: -20 or something. I have to type /home out before I die (and I do anyway)

That's weird too. Also telling Rusty ;p
Image Steve Quest - the original Minecraft point-&-click adventure!

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:13 am

That #2 sounds like the same thing that was happening to me and Morf_Craft_Mom.. oddly, resetting spawn seemed to fix it (is what I tried before I knew of the specific teleport coords for /void). Strange, strange things...

Void border interfering with main world border? What the heck, plugins! :P

AceiaTx: I fixed up your void. Try again when you can and let us know if you still have issues.

admin

Postby admin » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:51 pm

Not interfering so much as totally borking it. If one typed /void and somewhere between creating the void and setting the border, the command failed, it set a 10 block border on whatever world you happened to be in.

As for existing void borkage. Couple of things - going to a void now will always try to take you to 0,64,0 - if that doesn't work, it'll bounce you around a bit till it finds something. Some existing voids will tell you they are unsafe because the /spawn is out in the nothingness. Setting a spawn will fix that. I'll see if I can work more auto-fixes in for existing voids. In the mean time, just keep yelling and we/I can fix them as the bugs are reported.

Newly created voids are a bit more consistent and predictable than the old ones. ;)

Return to “MineSquish News & Announcements”