Build Off Challenge #66 - "Alien World"

MineSquish server contests
kongering
SquishKittyKong

Build Off Challenge #66 - "Alien World"

Postby kongering » Sun May 08, 2016 10:34 pm

Hi guys,

Since we're not having that many builders that finish their projects we thougth it might be fun to shortly review each finished build, also to encourage you guys to finish your builds, we are now giving away one builders point for each finished buildoff build (finished means done and complying to that buildoff's rules!) We did pick a favourite tho! (Favourite still gets 3 builders points) This buildoff it's Wolffan's "Not quite Minecraft"
Pook just loves it so much cause it's purple ;) But what I love about it is that it all fits together so well, it really gives off that alien, otherworldly vibe without being creeped out because it's too much! Very nice build, extra points for the fruit hanging from the trees. Nice to see such details.

Pook: I also enjoyed bouncing on the slime trees, lol!

Now let's get to the other builds reviews (in alphabetical order)
"Hoth" by CosmicDonut
A lot of detail in this build, the playing with the levels of snow really pays off. What is really good about this build is that it stays interesting and that is hard to do with an all white world! The way you play with the levels to achieve that is great :) This build also comes with a nice underground area, very much in style with the rest of the build! Good work Cosmic :)

"Tatooine" by EmilyHurricane
I adore the banta's!! Noticed them immediatly and love the way you used banners to give them a fur feeling! The rest of the build is very nicely planned out, I get the feeling you really thought it over. This build also comes with an underground section fully in style with the rest of the build.
It all comes together nicely and gives the feel one would expect of Tatooine! Well done Emily! :)

"Crystlonia" by ExoScout
Wow, you've got a whole battle mapped out! What I love very much is the alien vibe it gives off, it really makes me feel like another place.
I have a feeling you not only put a lot of work but also a lot of thought in this build! Very nicely done Scout :)

So guys, let us know if you like this new format, do you like the reviews? do you like the points for finished builds? Do you want more critical reviews? Let us know in this post please! Thanks for participating and see you next buildoff \o/

AMinecraftMaster

Re: Build Off Challenge #66 - "Alien World"

Postby AMinecraftMaster » Sun May 08, 2016 11:07 pm

Points for finished builds seems like a good idea, but maybe more for actually winning. In a case like this, having points only for finished builds makes sense.

Wish I had participated in this buildoff, great work everyone!

(P.S. The reviews make it much better!)
This has been a message by
-AMM-

I make Youtube videos once in a blue moon. Check them out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCAw57k4s-h1UD-fSLf_lHQ

1wolffan
Admin

Postby 1wolffan » Sun May 08, 2016 11:30 pm

I'm honored you guys picked mine as a favorite. I had a lot of fun building this one. :D
I couldn't decided between the Hoth, and Tatooine worlds for my favorites. But they were all pretty fun this time. I can't wait til the next set.
Always Mischievous,
Never Devious!

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Sun May 08, 2016 11:49 pm

I kinda like the reviews, too! So many times we like different builds, but they don't make the top 3. This way we can say why we like a certain build, why it appeals to us. Hoping people will like the new format. :D

Pook

YellowPieGuy

Postby YellowPieGuy » Sat May 14, 2016 2:03 pm

I like the reviews, and have no clue what builder points are! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kongering
SquishKittyKong

Postby kongering » Sat May 14, 2016 2:33 pm

YellowPieGuy wrote:I like the reviews, and have no clue what builder points are! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here's the info on the builders points: http://indiesquish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=314&p=1868#p1868

mummywummy

Postby mummywummy » Thu May 19, 2016 10:05 pm

I like reviews, and points for finished builds and favourites.

Return to “Contests”