What is the hardest thing you know how to make with redstone?

Share your redstone tips and tricks or ask for help :)
MinersToGo

What is the hardest thing you know how to make with redstone?

Postby MinersToGo » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:48 am

Ok- we all know redstone creation can be extremely difficult to master. There are somethings that no one still has any clue as to how to make out of redstone. Some of us are better at redstone than others- it's a fact. So, what's the hardest thing you know how to make out of redstone? I used to know how to make a semi-timer like thing. I forgot how to make it, but I still know how to build a working drawbridge where you fall into a deep hole in the middle. So, as I asked before, what's the hardest thing you know how to build with redstone?

-MinersToGo

theMote
Admin

Re: What is the hardest thing you know how to make with redstone?

Postby theMote » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:56 am

I've made some timers and copied circuits that make secret staircases, nothing too complex so far. But I do love how you can build really amazing things with such simple components. It's also a great introduction to simple circuits!

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:25 pm

I agree - redstone stuff is a great introduction to circuits/logic. Master the NAND gate and you can do anything!

Some basic modules I've played with to be used in larger projects:
- basic logic gates
- edge detect circuit
- event counter
- oscillators

My redstone projects include:
- parkour course for last octoberfest with selectable difficulties and a starting gate
quite the basic circuit, but was really fun
- fully automated pumpkin/melon farm
uses some sequencing and timers and an event counter circuit to fire off once every x minecraft days
melons are broken and pushed by water into a hopper
- automated wheat farm - harvests automatically, needs to be replanted
same idea as pumpkins but sequencing is simpler. Haven't tried using villagers to replant as I did this before they had that ability.
- flush to the wall secret door that shuts itself - uses timers
- played around with some flying machines for a bit, but not to the extent that one of our players, Mamboman93 did as he had flying machines on the snapshot server in survival. Impressive!

Not yet:
- automated potion brewing setup in my void world.

Please Note: The rules state where redstone is and is not allowed on the server, so make sure you (whomever is reading this!) pay attention to the redstone rules.

DarkKnight1031

Postby DarkKnight1031 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:59 pm

I can build a secret room using sticky pistons, hoppers, minecarts and comparator. As some of you saw earlier, the construction is fairly easy and it makes for a GREAT Faction base door! I currently want to work on how to get out (you can't at the moment because it works with hoppers) and show more people how to build this.

AMinecraftMaster

Postby AMinecraftMaster » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:26 am

I attempted to build a double slime block launcher (you would hit a tripwire in the air, and a sticky piston with a slimeblock would pop out and bounce you back up) but that worked better in concept. I have now learned how to make the power from the input go downwards, however.
This has been a message by
-AMM-

I make Youtube videos once in a blue moon. Check them out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCAw57k4s-h1UD-fSLf_lHQ

1wolffan
Admin

Postby 1wolffan » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:47 pm

The most complex thing I've built is a 24 block high hidden door that activates with a lever on an unspecified block. It wasn't easy trying to figure out how to loop all that wiring back on itself to make the the door work all at once, without re-triggering other parts of it.
Always Mischievous,
Never Devious!

Molybdene
Admin

Postby Molybdene » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:05 pm

My trickiest redstone circuit was not very complex but it was a nice problem solving thing.

Idea was : How to raise a wall of sand, without using a "quick put a bloc under the sand before it falls down" trick.
My solution was to use two rotating solid blocs per column of sand that will carry the sand up.

My nicest designs are:
- A way to trigger things (doors/secret passages, lights) using a key (redstone torche).... or even a Disk in a jukebox ;)
- A forcefield providing players to pass through
- And using a similar principle, a forcefield that allows players to go through, but not the mobs (not tested on the latest updates):p
Hi from France! Image
Server IP: mc.indiesquish.com
BeastSquish IP: mc.indiesquish.com:25666

ZixStix

Postby ZixStix » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:44 am

I've been interested in many things during my time in minecraft and I used to be into redstone! I made a redstone calculator!

hnoor0044

Postby hnoor0044 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:14 am

I still know how to build a working drawbridge where you fall into a deep hole in the middle. So, as I asked before, what's the hardest thing you know how to build with redstone?

Return to “Redstone Repository”