Minecraft name changes.

General, non-server-related Minecraft chat
AMinecraftMaster

Re: Minecraft name changes.

Postby AMinecraftMaster » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:33 pm

Hope you enjoy your new name!

Anyone else change their name? I think Kong mentioned that she changed Kongering to Kong on Twitter.
This has been a message by
-AMM-

I make Youtube videos once in a blue moon. Check them out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCAw57k4s-h1UD-fSLf_lHQ

MegMeowse

Postby MegMeowse » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:33 am

So there's no ering to kongering? Still has a nice ring to it..
Was able to now change my name, tested it just now, however..It seems to create a new account for you (Maybe due to migrating your account to the new name system of having unique numbers for each account),and now I no longer have my shiny rank on Minesquish, and after I migrated my account to using my email my old account (XxSkaterMegXx) doesn't seem to exist so there's no going back.
Whelp, atleast now I can tell myself to stop procrastinating on that survival mode project i've left on the shelf to gather dust :P

Edit: Okay, so the profile stays the same but the User does not apparently
Formerly known as XxSkaterMegXx o/
Okay. Look. We both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster. -GlaDOS

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:56 am

This might be something to do with what Fauxx was referring to with mods storing info by player name... wonder if there's a way to re-map from old user name to new..?

Question - could you access your void world?

MegMeowse

Postby MegMeowse » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:03 am

james9837 wrote:This might be something to do with what Fauxx was referring to with mods storing info by player name... wonder if there's a way to re-map from old user name to new..?

Question - could you access your void world?

No, first time I tried to go to my void I spawned in the void and fell (Not to my death, teleported myself back to /halp after some time of falling)
http://imgur.com/JVGXrli
Okay. Look. We both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster. -GlaDOS

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:11 am

megmeowsevoid - confirms the name association. Hopefully xxskatermegxxvoid is still hanging around somewhere?

This might explain something from the other day where someone else had trouble with just falling in void.. I wonder if minesquish is having trouble creating new void worlds now.

odd things...

theMote
Admin

Postby theMote » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:40 am

The voids are created by a special script. I'm guessing that Rusty will have to do some magic to make the voids map old usernames to your new user UUID.... Hmmm. Glad I haven't changed my name :)

MegMeowse

Postby MegMeowse » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:06 am

Thanks for the help anywho james and mote. Glad to hear i'm not the only one who has problems with this whole name change thing, phew
" Hmmm. Glad I haven't changed my name"
Hehe, but your usernames neat, theSpeck! Guessing you were thinking of changing it to just "Mote"? Seems to be a trend with Kong instead of kongering and Pookkah instead of Pookkah-the-purple-kitty-cat (Okay, maybe not that last one)

Return to “General Minecraft Chat”