Building a Modded Pack Discussion

General, non-server-related Minecraft chat
Actarion

Re: Building a Modded Pack Discussion

Postby Actarion » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:22 pm

No offence, but, actually, every time i left my base for something i feel like playing dark soul, but whitout the good and balanced gameplay.

For exemple, i explored a half burned mineshaft (a rift opened in middle of it) i put a torch and a fire started instatnly x_O hee ? what ? Torch burn out in 5 min but are able to set on fire wood plank ? there is lava 5 block away and my torch set the wood on fire ?

Exploring nether whit an iron armor ? getting 2 shot by a barehand pigmen. Archer are more likely gatling whit a rate of fire so high that you almost can't come closer (in water your just fucked). Sometime pigmen agress for no reason at all.

In my opinion difficulty is a good thing, when she's balanced. Here i feel just like the game try to f*** me in every possible way. So, i stay in base and build...

BTW, i disabled spice of life. Finally could eat food and whit ungeroverhaul it still bother the player. In side concequences got my framerate back (how is that related x_O )

about building, automated dust sieving, added wind turbine, starting stacking upgrade on autosieve...

Wind turbine are great, they maybe give a bit too mutch power, but, whit limited ressources they are almost impossible to maximise. Whit ressource abundance you can start put them higer (slowly), multiply them etc... but i never feel like i can build everything whitout taking care of my energy.

About sieve, i have tremendous amout of aluminium who i have no use at all, sky stone dust as no use, really short in gold.

Crops disapear for no related reason :o
I come in my garden and see seed and stick around a not worked dirt block. At first i though it was mob but, no.

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:06 pm

"Crops disapear for no related reason :o
I come in my garden and see seed and stick around a not worked dirt block. At first i though it was mob but, no."

Maybe low light levels? or not irrigated?

Actarion

Postby Actarion » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:55 pm

for my crops, there is infinit water from 1 to 5 block away max, and ligth is above 8. vanilla pottato and wheath seed. Will try tonigth to stay and see when and who it apen..

I have hard time to accept mechanic made just to make the game harder. A torch who burn every wood in a 5 square radius when the same torch barelly keep the ligth up... it's something my "Cartesian spirit" (french expression, don't know if it have a real meaning in eng :s) can't accept ^^ I need logic ! :p
But that's my prob :) I should have waited before posting my last message, i was too salty.

Oh, and, i have a question, do you think the modpack coul'd accept mod like archimedes ships or RF tool ? (i dream about archimedes lattely... and im really curious about RF tool)

EDIT => i got the prob for crops... Tumbleweed
guess fence are enougth to prevent that prob ?

Actarion

Postby Actarion » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:02 pm

FInally started to do seriously "it's life jim" line of quest.

And... im surprised.

After some math i realise that, if i want 2 normal chiken i need to do "Reassembly of the soggy bits" 16 times. Hum, im not afraid of some farm but, it's confusing.

Isn't it more simple to do harder quest but whit less repetitivity ?

oh and.. there is limit to rift ? my map start to look like the back of a jack the reaper victim ^^

EDIT => after building a wall around my crops the prob whit tumbelweed is even more boring. I don't know how (maybe they spawn directly on the field ?) but sometime one may find is way in and she can't escape, instead of 1/3 crops destroyed it's more like 3/5 ^^
Maybe the wall is not the solution ?! :D (sry, for that political joke, but, well, i liked it :p)

EDIT² => Invar tool from thermal are disabled, making impossible to build some item from minefactory (Grinder, Block Breaker, Harvester, Fruit picker, Slaughterhouse. The last one is a lot more problematic by disabling laser drill "in fine")

EDIT²² => there is someting strange x_O, railcraft is in the modpack, but no anchor to keep chunk loaded :o . To keep chunk loaded there is MFR chunk loader (EXPENSIVE) or rotarycraft (hard to build "on the fly") sooo to keep a chunk loaded the cheapest solution is to keep an unpowered BC factory quarry.

Actarion

Postby Actarion » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:05 pm

Okay...

Tried to use the special area usable whit the spectral key...
Annnnnnnd suddenly enviromine changed everything by appling gravity, good bye world.

The gravity effect is nice, reallt, but it apply to EVERYTHING and whit strange rules... maybe it depend of the blast resist of the block, i don't know. But this time i lost too mutch for my taste.

Minecraftgeek70
Head Curmudgeon

Postby Minecraftgeek70 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:44 pm

I removed all my previous posts as quite frankly I was running a losing battle. I took on too many mods, too many clashes. And it's obvious it wasn't liked well by players.

I didn't have the time to address the issues so abandoned the project.

I still wanted to do a mod pack though. One without magic.. and one (I later realised) without "magic" tech. If you have a teleporter? that's "magic" tech. Store all your items as energy patterns in a storage drive? That's "magic" tech. create Terrawatts of easy energy from self sustaining laser drill fed nuclear steam turbine reactors? guess what? that's "magic" tech.. and I'm not even getting started on Draconic Evolution XD

I want a mod that doesn't give you any magic flying machines, no invulnerability tech , no freebie resources. No lasers, no magic pipes that carry everything, no tesseracts.. nothing like that.

The only concession I'm making is the Nether and the End.. Well ina world with zombies, enderment, creepers and Ghasts.. you have to suspend reality a little XD

here's a TEASER sneak peak at my new pack..

https://youtu.be/gBBzZw_JI6o

Basically it's the mechanical system from Better than Wolves... updated for 1.10.2 and the multiblock wind and water structures from Immersive Engineering. With all their sweet tasty multiblock ore processing system and those lovely conveyor belts.. which work so well with BTW :D

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:13 am

I remember playing the Better Than Wolves on your server that one time. I liked the windmills!

Return to “General Minecraft Chat”