Building a Modded Pack Discussion

General, non-server-related Minecraft chat
james9837
Admin

Re: Building a Modded Pack Discussion

Postby james9837 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:44 am

Neat ideas...

Having the dead trees be usable makes sense.

Questions:
- Why on a wasteland world would the ores vanish??
- If there are still trees (even though they are dead), seems there might still be some dirt near them?

I wouldn't think it would be a problem adding in Ex Nihilo... you should be able to muck with or disable certain recipes.. maybe even the sifting results (? maybe).

Are you actually trying to remove ALL magic? That means turning off quite a few vanilla things. What about portals/nether/end? Just curious.

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:55 am

Sounds awesome.. when can I play it??

how about now?

... or now?

Molybdene
Admin

Postby Molybdene » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:43 am

can you imagine extend the shelter plot to "you have only time to gather some of your co-workers and dive in a (a little bigger) shelter? That way this map could translate into a multiplayer experience.

Anyway, I'll give it a try when you think you finished it, or before for some feedback & bug hunt.
Hi from France! Image
Server IP: mc.indiesquish.com
BeastSquish IP: mc.indiesquish.com:25666

1wolffan
Admin

Postby 1wolffan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:13 pm

Minecraftgeek70 wrote:as an aside.. last night before bed I was messing around with the spawn positioning code.. I spawned in a new world.. to find my spawn pod buried 10 blocks down in solid rock XD..

Well, this sort of fits the story you have provided. But you'd need some way for the player to leave with a tool that can be made right in the shelter/s.
Always Mischievous,
Never Devious!

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:56 pm

Nice work. It looks awesome!

Molybdene
Admin

Postby Molybdene » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:50 am

nicely done ;)
Hi from France! Image

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:30 pm

Holy cow that looks like it would be difficult! I can barely remember to eat, hahaha! The tumbleweeds look so cool!

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:48 pm

Sounding better and better... Nice touch with the game mechanics.

Molybdene
Admin

Postby Molybdene » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:10 am

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy References. I like that.
Hi from France! Image

Molybdene
Admin

Postby Molybdene » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:50 pm

:D

I like that. But if you want to create "strange and tweaked" creatures.... I'm pretty sure we need brahmins.
Hi from France! Image

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:18 pm

Nice stuff! Curious how you are making all these customizations..

Molybdene
Admin

Postby Molybdene » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:18 pm

awesome, I'll give it a try soon.
But not tonight, sport.
And not tomorrow, other sport.
And not friday & WE, I'm out of town..
hmmph. yeah, soon.

EDIT : About difficulty, what are the tech mods you have included? if there's IC2, GregTech is a big plus for increasing difficulty ;)
Hi from France! Image

Actarion

Postby Actarion » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:23 pm

Hello

I was looking for your modpack since a couple of day *_*

But... I... i have absolutly no clue about how to use the folder. :oops:

I tried to ad it to FTB folder, edit a modpack, tried to find a legit 1.7.10 minecraft version to dl but...

Can you make a quick help, or tell me where i can find a proper tuto ? :s I only found tuto about how to ad a modpack to other lancher.
Do i have to ad your how work to FTB lancher ? If yes where i can find the modpack code ? :s

Sorry to bother you with my question ^^'

(and sorry for bad eng)

Molybdene
Admin

Postby Molybdene » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:57 pm

Don't take my words as true as I haven't even downloaded the modpack yet and tried to install it, but :
My guess is that it's based on Forge, so you need to modify your minecraft session (1.7?) with forge and then put the folder on the mods one from Forge.
Hi from France! Image

Actarion

Postby Actarion » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:24 pm

ohhhh okay !

I wasn't thinking about multiMC as a lancher (more as a dev tool in my head).

After multiMC installed it was easy to make it work :)

Thanks you =)

...few moments latter...

ARGGGGGG food management ..... ;_;

Actarion

Postby Actarion » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:49 pm

Welcome back after some hour.

I REALLY like your "fallout" structures :)

Got some trouble whit the tinker first tool quest, cause i crafted tinker's table and build them whit the part builder.
andd... i Didn't find a way to get string for the first sieve :x In fact, i have absolut no mob spawn, even in cave. Guess i have to find totally randomlly a mineshaft ? :s

Sooo i can't make a sieve, can't sieve dirt, no seed... x) no seed, no food ... im straving so hard. I'm at the point i don't run, and avoid hill so i don't have to jump *cough*

In the other side, i found 2 mekanism tank full of water in wastelands houses it's no too easy to get pure water ?

I like the "ocean" :p

I found dirt in meteorite crater

Oh and finally, journey map has some "bug" and don't erase older map when you create a new world

Actarion

Postby Actarion » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:48 am

Pacefull....
... I feel really stupid now ><

Never played in pacefull before, i totally skipped that button ...

About tinker. The prob is, the quest want me to build tinker tool whit a crafting grid. If i build my pickaxe head whit the part builder (like i did) the quest doesn't care ^^ But, it's a really little prob.

My whole prob was the no mob spawn, now it's fixed, gonna play some time and give you more feedback =)

pacefull... ><

after a bit more than 2 hour.

well, i almost got my sieve by killing spider (you pushed up the string drop a bit no ?), but for 1 spider killed i have to deal whit 3/4 zombie and 2/3 skeleton and now... i have 2 "hangry zombi" behind my back, they don't burn under the sun, they run faster than me, an regen faster than i can deal dmg whit my bare hand (at least, not the regen...)

And "the spice of life" it's really really REALLy hard to deal whit :x I volontary killed myself to get full food.

Actarion

Postby Actarion » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:09 pm

well, you can let him and reduce a bit the tolerance

You can also let him like that and ad like one potatto and one carrot seed at the beginning. More food source, but still bad quality food.

You can do like in regrowth and put some food in the natural gen map, like Image

I like "the spice of life" idea, but in early game it's really hard do deal whit
and in late ? you have to keep 4 stack of diffrent food in your inventory ? not that entertening too :?

I discovered some... funny mob :') (i don't wanna spoil here :D)

The gravity effect is, strange to deal whit at start. I like it whit gravel but whit cobble sometime... strange...

Oh there is mossy cobble everywhere, easy craft of ball of moss , too easy autoreaper imo x)

And, i must say, i still see myself as a noob in survival minecraft (i mostly played regrowth, sky factory and bee happy) so what i call hard is maybe normal for someone else.

Actarion

Postby Actarion » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:56 am

played "a bit" tonigth.

Started my garden, but still die from hunger willingly cause food is not efficent at all :/

Got trouble whit JABBA barrel and transfert conduit from Extra U, they got affected by gravity i guess. I will try to reproduce what apenned.

Extra U is... totally overpowered.................... (but it's not the first time i think about it ^^)

found an "exploit" i can "purify" water whit the mekanism tank. I use a bucket on an infinit dirty water, put in mekanism tank, then i can replenish my bottle whit the tank and get good water.

Almost died from hypotermia :D

I have frame drop every time i move, tried to ad Optifine, not worked.

Actarion

Postby Actarion » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:09 pm

Some more feedback. :)

A giant rift openned ... close... really close(1block...) to my base and my garden disappeared

AE2 grindstone is a must have *_*

I miss wooden sheer from thermal fondation :( there is no recipe in the modpack, don't know what you think about it, but i found them usefull for making dirt without using iron

Ex nihilo osmium cannot be used in a mekanism metalurgic infuser (have to grind it in the grindstone and smelt it again in another furnace)

fully automated gravel sieving trought cobble gen => autonomous activator whit hammer => transfer node => automated sieve

Didn't played that much latelly, the spice of life is ... boring. Hunger overhal already ask you to eat lot of food, but combined whit spice of life you have to eat tremendous amont of diffrent meal

Mekanism paxel is not disabled :D

Mekanism wind turbine is a better investisment than stirling generator to craft and provide good and easy power.
But the cost of conduit at start is really expensiv so i coun't put them too high in the sky, one produce around 60RF/t

i didn't have to craft energy cell for the quest, the one you give as reward after crafting the stirling generator valided the quest.

Crafted a camel backpack, but coul'd valid the quest :x even after crafting an other one whit the other recipe

Extra U is OP but, provide some really usefull item :x (redstone clock, sound muffler, sky block, golden bag, golden lasso, etc...) and pretty block (antiblock ^^)

Since you added decaying torch, what can i use to ligth area and avoid mod destroying my crops ? >< magnum torch is expensiv :x

Return to “General Minecraft Chat”