Favorite Mods?

General, non-server-related Minecraft chat
AMinecraftMaster

Favorite Mods?

Postby AMinecraftMaster » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:33 pm

(I was contemplating putting this on BeastSquish, but it's not all that related to the server, just mods in general, so it's here!)

Herro everyone! I've been mainly doing Modded MC to try and spice things up a little lately, and I was wondering what mods the community would put in a modpack if they wanted to have their own personal one or one to share with them and all their friends. (If you don't have any friends, think again, you have us Squishies!)

Lately I've been really interested in the Custom NPCs mod. If improperly used, this can make players very OP very quickly, but it's a fun mod to play around with. It allows you to make NPCs with custom speech, quests, roles, and other stuff. With some programming knowledge (JavaScript, I believe) you can also make them do things at certain points in the day. It seems more custom map based for creative, but you can also use it in Survival mode.

So, what mods would you like to use if you created a modpack? Tell me a little bit about them and what you like about them! Maybe we can turn it into one big community modpack and play it on BeastSquish :P (You never know!)
This has been a message by
-AMM-

I make Youtube videos once in a blue moon. Check them out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCAw57k4s-h1UD-fSLf_lHQ

1wolffan
Admin

Re: Favorite Mods?

Postby 1wolffan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:11 am

I've always been interested in watching the Mo' Creatures mods online, but they don't like people adding them into mod packs. I've never done much modding myself (optifine a while back, and a theme rotator a LONG while back) but if I ever did a modded version, I'd probably go for the Pixelmon mod myself. It's amazing how much detail they've put into it to make it work pretty close to real pokemon.
Always Mischievous,
Never Devious!

AMinecraftMaster

Postby AMinecraftMaster » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:56 pm

Ah I remember watching the Herobrine mod. Good times...until the creators started reviewing -well, innapropriate mods.
-AMM-

AMinecraftMaster

Postby AMinecraftMaster » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:32 pm

I think I may have used that to troll a friend on my own server. :P

Also I've been into mods like TerraFirmaCraft recently, a realism-survival mod for MC. They have been updating it a lot!

And Mycroft, I remember you mentioning you used to play Better Than Wolves? Apparently they are still updating it, but the Minecraft launcher stubbornly refuses to save my worlds and the mod when I try to play twice in a row.
-AMM-

MegMeowse

Postby MegMeowse » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:11 am

Personally i'm a fan of mods that add in content or other worldly places and dimensions!
Aether mod, Tropicraft, Twilight Forest to name a few.
I enjoy mods that enhance gameplay features like textures, and shadows such as shader mods as well, but my computer disagrees with them a bit :P
Formerly known as XxSkaterMegXx o/
Okay. Look. We both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster. -GlaDOS

fileminecrafts

Postby fileminecrafts » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:34 am

I vote Shaders Mod, Lucky Block Mod and Backpacks Mod. I enjoy mods that enhance gameplay features like resource pack

Return to “General Minecraft Chat”