Community Rules & Guidelines
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:05 am
Welcome to Indie Squish! We would like to thank you for participating and in helping to create a friendly and interactive community. The below rules cover all aspects of our site and all game servers, but some of our game servers may have additional specific rules that you should be aware of before playing.
Scroll down for Discord specific rules.
Scroll down for Discord specific rules.
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, offensive profanity, insulting, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory content.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless, one word (or short) nonsense content, or anything that does not contribute to the discussion. Multiple or repeated posting on the forums in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- “Forum Games” are strictly prohibited (forum games are any posts that require subsequent posters to follow a pre-defined template; i.e., counting games, ‘the user above is…’ games, ‘post something related to the post above’ games).
- Creating ‘What’s Your Favourite…’ , ‘list’, and ‘this or that’ posts are strictly prohibited (for more detailed explanations, see the Site Rule Change forum post.
- Non-related advertising, spamming and trolling are not allowed. This includes using the IRC chat, server chat, forum and private message systems to spam other members. If you have something that you’d like to promote on the site but are unsure if it is allowed, please contact one of our administrators.
- Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. 24 hours is a good general guideline. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
- We do not allow links to sites that are sexual in nature or that violate our community standards. The Indie Squish staff shall be the sole arbitrators of what violates community standards.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive content without notice.
- If you are going to post non-English on the site, please also post an English translation. We want to encourage a community that everyone can participate in and while we do not wish to segregate, this does mean using one language as a standard.
- Any posts made, or messages sent to staff, asking for help with the application or complaining that you can’t get it right will be deleted and ignored. If you join the IRC channel to ask to be whitelisted, you will be given a stern "No".
While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way. We reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the rules, as access to our site and its services are a privilege and not a right.
Advertising Services and Solicitation
- We do not allow people to post content or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations not specifically related to the games we cover on our site.
- You should never give out your site password to anyone. We can not take responsibility if you disclose this information to anyone else.
Links in signatures must follow these guidelines.
- Linking to a commercial product/service is fine, provided it is associated with the Indie Gaming nature of our site.
- Promotional text for a commercial product or service is fine, provided there are no price(s) of product(s) or service(s) listed.
- A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate Indie Squish community standards. The Indie Squish team shall be the sole arbitrators of what violates community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or sex.)
Avatars and Signatures
- Avatars and signatures are allowed, provided that they do not depict scenes of a sexual or offensive nature and do not violate Indie Squish community standards. The Indie Squish team shall be the sole arbitrators of what violates community standards.
- Do not use your signature space for spamming. We like pretty things and useful things – and if they’re pretty useful, all the better!
- All signatures must be made in English
- While we want to give members freedom to be creative with signatures, please use moderation and consideration when placing images in your signatures. A good guideline for max height is 150px. Instead of vertically nesting multiple images, align them side by side. The Indie Squish staff reserve the right to judge which signatures are pushing the boundaries of ‘too big’.
- Although the administrators and moderators of the Indie Squish site will attempt to keep all objectionable content off the site, it is impossible for us to review all content. All content expresses the views of the author, and the owners of Indie Squish will not be held responsible for any harm or offense caused.
- By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise in violation of any laws.
- The owners of the Indie Squish site reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content for any reason.
Any disputes with the staff of the Indie Squish site will be handled in private through the Private Message System.
We reserve the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community.
These rules apply to the official Indiesquish Discord server and all included channels.
- Don’t spam or flood, especially if the channels are busy.
- No trolling, flaming or intentionally trying to disrupt the channels.
- Do not begin inappropriate discussions about religion, sexual orientation or racial topics. Calm discussions are fine, but if it gets out of hand, a channel op will step in to stop it.
- No harsh language. If you're talking into the MineSquish server chat, no swearing AT ALL and no adult topics.
- Keep the chat free of anything ‘adult content’. We have young children frequenting chat – be considerate.
- This is a majority English-speaking community. If you’re unable to speak good English, you can go ahead and use a translator if you need to.
- Respect the channel admins, the same way you’d expect us to respect you. Respect others in the channel regardless of their attitude, and if somebody is causing trouble then notify a channel admin so they can deal with it. Please do not try to enforce these rules if you’re unable to deliver punishment. Just report it instead.
Our Discord server is set up to discuss Indie Squish and related content. Off-topic discussion is fine as long as it is open to the entire community, and not exclusive in any way. The admins at all times reserve the right to request a topic be moved to private messages or another channel. If the chat is particularly busy with on-topic Indie Squish chat, whether it’s related to the games we host or to Indie Squish-specific activities on the site, please be considerate and withhold off-topic chatter until the channel is quieter.
We also ask that you do not impersonate people. Whether it’s another Discord user in an attempt to get them into trouble, or impersonating a famous individual in order to get attention. If you enter the room with a ‘famous’ nick, please expect to be asked for proof that it’s really you! I’m sure you’ll understand.