[Co-Op Thread] - Off Line Communications for Sky Factory

For discussion of the FTB server.
SwampGoat

Re: [Co-Op Thread] - Off Line Communications for Sky Factory

Postby SwampGoat » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:43 pm

Oops @Fauxx, my bad - I was playing around with the wireless terminal. Didn't realize it would lock anyone else out. I have removed it - can you see if you can access it now?

SwampGoat

Postby SwampGoat » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:50 pm

Okay, to try to make up for the security station fiasco, I have automated the collection of gelid cryotheum. No harm to the cow. S/he will go back to the pasture once we have sufficient supply.

SwampGoat

Postby SwampGoat » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:15 pm

Welp, I was wrong about it not hurting the cow. Apparently, there is a situation that if the item duct does not remove the filled bucket fast enough, the autonomous activator will dump the gelid cryotheum into the chamber.

I saw the cow die before my eyes and couldn't figure out what happened. With a little bit of research, I discovered this little glitch. So...apologies for doing in that poor little cow. S/he gave 16 buckets of cryotheum before the industrial accident. OSHA and the Department of Agriculture will be investigating.

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:58 am

Poor Bessie Cryo!

SwampGoat

Postby SwampGoat » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:35 am

Okay, disaster averted. Luckily another one spawned. Have put a glue cow in the automation for now because it feels like we might need a slimeball substitute...

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:12 pm

Mycroft: LOL

Swampgoat: One of the mods in this pack is supposed to make the MFR rancher be able to milk the cows.. was wondering if you had tried that before the activator?

SwampGoat

Postby SwampGoat » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:44 pm

james9837 wrote:Swampgoat: One of the mods in this pack is supposed to make the MFR rancher be able to milk the cows.. was wondering if you had tried that before the activator?

I haven't tried that yet, but I will. I had read a post somewhere that said the rancher wasn't working for fluid cows. But it's inexpensive enough to try!

EDIT: Rancher no worky. Occasionally, it would milk the cow, but the cow would not reset and cool down again. From what I can tell, there is a separate add-on mod to make this work.

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:52 am

darnit.. well that's what I was saying.. the add on mod that is supposed to make it work is *supposedly* included in Skyfactory.

Ah well, I had hope for a bit there...

SwampGoat

Postby SwampGoat » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:04 pm

Minecraftgeek70 wrote:we have a mining drill now...

I was admiring the laser drill last night. I was setting up/refining an automated smelting of the ore dusts, sands and gravels. What I have set up is admittedly ugly, but it is working. So as I was searching the AE system for the various ores to filter, I saw vanilla ores show up as well, which puzzled me. Then while flying around, I saw the new contraption. Don't step into the laser between the chargers and the drill...they're a bit warm.

Minecraftgeek70 wrote:so it seems we have to go down the crushed end stone --> sift --> crushed draconic ore --> draconic dust route !! which is really slow and tedious. At least getting end stone is easy.. one magic crops ender essence surrounded by 8 stone... I'm going to have a think about how best to automate this.

That will be a fun project - enjoy!

Also, we now have multiple cryotheum cows, so we can drop them into the auto-milker with impunity. Just make sure there are always at least two remaining on the farm so we can continue the breeding program.

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:09 pm

Got the first part of this automated. Well - manual start by inserting glowstone dust into the chest on the right....

Near the sieve system, there's a new 'line' of machines. Put glowstone in the chest to the right (as said above, and there's a lava drum that may need refilling sometimes) and it'll process it into the 'ore gravel's on the left. There's 7 draconium gravels in there now... still slow going...

The pulverizer won't take the draconic gravel, so maybe some other machine can do that part? or autonomous activators...

I'll check back later to see about putting the rest of this together.
I'm not sure how to get items in/out of ME system with the tesseract. Not sure how to transport lava across either.

Edit:
Had some time to take a look at the next steps here.. possible, but will take quite a few more machines!

Have 18 dusts smelting.. probably doesn't get you too far, but hopefully helps.

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:05 am

Bravo that man! Sterling piece of work! :lol:

Thanks! If you liked that, you're gonna love this...

Hopped back on to do an upgrade to it. Had a thunk.. it worked! sending the processing around in a loop with a tap off to a smelter. Since the alloy smelter only accepts items it can smelt, its a natural filter. The draconium (and other stuff) go around the loop until they are processed enough to be smelted! We now have ingots pumping directly into the ME system. Still manual starting (put glowstone in the chest on the right, lava in the barrels), but I did add another pulverizer to accept glowstone.. and kinda emptied out our glowstone stockpile :o

Made a bunch of diamond hammers with fortune III to put into the autonomous activator at the end of the line there. (no idea how you make a thaumium hammer!)

Last check.. 40 draconium ingots in the ME system. :D

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:15 pm

Looks awesome, Mycroft!

Assuming you'll need more draconium than is currently going to output, can you tweak the magic crops for increased glowstone essence output?
.. or I suppose we can actually *go* to the end and mine some up. Maybe a job for a turtle and chunk loader?

Fauxx
Admin

Postby Fauxx » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:17 pm

The nether is completely void with the exception of fortresses. No normal generation at all.

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:19 pm

It ran long enough to break all the hammers? oops.. was hoping they'd last longer than that...

28 Draconium blocks? that'll take a bit...

Nether is void, but the end has land, right?

Molybdene
Admin

Postby Molybdene » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:21 am

Timeout increased at 20 minutes
Hi from France! Image
Server IP: mc.indiesquish.com
BeastSquish IP: mc.indiesquish.com:25666

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:54 pm

Looks Awesome, Mycroft. I'll have some time this weekend to come check it out! (i hope) :)

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:19 pm

Wow! can't wait to check this out...

Can EnderIO fluid conduits split a fluid source to two (or more) destinations like the item conduits can?

If there's more than one grinder, could have one transfer to liquid xp and the other to essence..?

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:08 pm

Didn't notice your update before.. very cool. Round robin mode is good stuff. yw

Wow, you've gotten pretty far through it. Have you killed a Chaos Guardian? (or two... or...)

I was keeping an eye out for you this weekend and checked out the villager farm :P (also nice), but also didn't stay on the server all that long. Time during the week is scarce here, so not sure when I'll be back on.

SwampGoat

Postby SwampGoat » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:44 am

I was out of town last week, so no online time for me. Otherwise I think our time zones are just not matching up. :)

I have created a P2P tunnel over to the Botania building. The cable is a little bit hidden, but still less than ideal-looking. I would have aspired to a quantum network bridge but that's quite an undertaking, and would require some material connection to the controller I think. Heck, I'm just proud I got the P2P network to work!

I have now pretty much removed all the Botania stuff from the "old" platform. I haven't yet taken down said platform, but may do so in the coming days.

Crossfire94
Admin

Postby Crossfire94 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:19 am

Feel free to remove the floating island around the "old plat form" to swamp. I've been meaning to do it for some time but just haven't found a hole in my schedule to hop on.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken!
The force will free me.
-Sith Code

Return to “BeastSquish”