[Co-Op Thread] - Off Line Communications for Sky Factory

For discussion of the FTB server.
SwampGoat

[Co-Op Thread] - Off Line Communications for Sky Factory

Postby SwampGoat » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi all - Since we are planning to collaborate on this map, I was thinking we might want to have a thread to communicate happenings, discuss goals, and progress.

I jumped on for a little while this morning (US Eastern time) to check it out. I "crooked" the leaves, chopped down the trees and re-planted. I hung out until two of the trees grew, then got kicked for being idle. I didn't want to do too much without the rest of the gang. I did put the wood, saplings and silkworms in the chests as I gathered them.

I'm not trying to lead or crowd us into a corner with rules and agreements, but it might be worth considering how we'll proceed. In early game for the most part it's going to be about growing trees, expanding the platform, getting more dirt, getting water, and moving toward a cobble generator.

For the platform, do we want to expand in a circle? In cardinal directions? My builds tend to be more utilitarian so would probably follow someone else's lead here. Do we want to build on lower half slabs to keep mobs from spawning?

As far as goals, do we plan on trying to achieve the goals in the book or ones we create in our own community?

As far as playing time, I will be more active in the US evening times. Feel free to add your thoughts / questions / pictures, etc. Looking forward to playing more as a team on this map!

Waiting for trees to grow is like watching paint dry...

james9837
Admin

Re: [Co-Op Thread] - Off Line Communications for Sky Factory

Postby james9837 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:33 pm

Hopped on and it looks like someone did expand into a neat starter area with chests, couple of barrels, etc.

Harvested and expanded a bit more trying to group trees around the torches.. so it is elongated a bit with diamond extensions on either end. We now have 9 trees. Just infested one with silk work worms.

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:20 pm

I chopped some trees down this morning. No idea what I am supposed to be doing, so just would wait to chop down trees and replant, haha!

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:30 pm

I just wrecked it all, i am so sorry! i will not try to play this, i went to see the monster thing and a creeper blew it up! now the monsters are running around, and there is a creeper on the loose. I will stop trying to play, i ruined it!

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:54 pm

FYI - We took care of this. I showed Pookkah around and made a mob-proof bridge to the mob spawner.

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:47 pm

I have learned how to make dirt and thread. I have been chopping down trees and replanting them. I am staying away from the monster area!

I got about 8 or 10 apples I put in the chest from chopping down trees. Can we ever get seeds in this game to do a farm? That would be great! I like farms.

Molybdene
Admin

Postby Molybdene » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:17 am

?? I put mobGriefing at false. groumph.
Hi from France! Image
Server IP: mc.indiesquish.com
BeastSquish IP: mc.indiesquish.com:25666

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:12 am

Pook and I did a small farm area.

Then all of a sudden we could not interact with anything in the middle (spawn). Can still interact with the stuff on the far end of the farm. Tried restarting my game, did not help. I had just dumped everything into chests too! lol

I can't even grab the sword off the shelf to attack some mobs.

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:13 am

All I have in my inventory is veggies and bread, hahaa! Can't put it away.

Molybdene
Admin

Postby Molybdene » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:32 am

a spawn-protection=16 line just appeared on the server.properties file. not sure why.

I set it to 0.

I also RE-set the mobGriefing to false, I still don't understand why it was removed.
Hi from France! Image
Server IP: mc.indiesquish.com
BeastSquish IP: mc.indiesquish.com:25666

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:46 pm

I made the stone bridge thingy. On one I was going to put a new tree farm area, so spawn could be cleared. Was thinking new/bigger garden areas for another.. or whatever.. didn't get that far in planning. Started out to just be a small walkway, but got distracted by the chisel mod :)

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:27 am

Thanks, MCG :)

I thought your tower on Horizons had an interesting design.

All I know of Chisel is to grab a chisel and 'use' it. In the GUI that comes up, put a block in the left and it shows you what it can do with it on the right. Cobble, stone, stone bricks are all I tried in it. Pretty cool though. Chisel seems to last a long time.. if you work in stacks it only seems to take a point of durability for a stack.. at least that's what I thought I was seeing :P

New tree farm is functional, but not decorated yet. I planted mostly rubber trees last time + 6 spruce + 4 oak.

Still looking for an interesting block that produces light. I hate having torches down on the ground all over the place.

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:56 am

awesome, thanks. I'll try that out this evening.

Fauxx
Admin

Postby Fauxx » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:53 pm

Alternatively, make a carpenter's block, disguise it as a normal block in the floor, and then shift right click with glowstone dust. Makes the block glow.

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:30 pm

Disguising.. could it be disguised as one of those white panel cobble blocks?

Fauxx
Admin

Postby Fauxx » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:56 pm

They should accept any solid block.

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:15 am

umm.. I converted the torches over to carpenter's blocks in the floor with glowstone. Looked great, light levels started at 14 and tapered off. When we left the area, lots of mobs spawned though! Any idea what's wrong with it?

Double checked the area and it looked like some of the blocks weren't registering the light level they should. After double checking a few and placing torches around the edges I walked away again and had a spider spawn. Yellow 'X's randomly appeared in different spots.

Gave up and placed torches down for now. Seems the light from these blocks is bugged.

Someone put some glowstone nooks around. Maybe I'll play with that later on... hopefully not bugged also. Just in case I put torches down on these also.

Edit - Carpenter's Blocks issue with light producing block and mob spawning is a known issue on their bug tracker. Might already be fixed in the development snapshots, but that doesn't help us.

mummywummy

Postby mummywummy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:53 pm

I've only popped on a few times. I'm having trouble on my SSP version with creepers blowing up my spawner so I think I need to get a grip with all the mods and mechanics before I tackle anything that I could potentially blow up for everyone!!

SwampGoat

Postby SwampGoat » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:59 pm

Don't worry mummywummy - mob griefing is set to "off" on BeastSquish so no creepers will destroy any blocks.

mummywummy

Postby mummywummy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:29 pm

Phew! I shall venture on then. Still, my knowledge is only very very basic, but hopefully I'll get up to speed soon.

Return to “BeastSquish”