ProjetE

For discussion of the FTB server.
Molybdene
Admin

ProjetE

Postby Molybdene » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:36 am

When I checked the mod list I realized I activated ProjetE (I assumed it was redstone connected as it was just next to projet red & projet blue)

Haven't realized that this was in fact a rename of Equivalent Exchange.

This mod is really really convenient to trade items for others using a EMC value, but it has also a "generate EMC out of nowhere" idle type of blocs.

[edited out]
Hi from France! Image
Server IP: mc.indiesquish.com
BeastSquish IP: mc.indiesquish.com:25666

Molybdene
Admin

Re: [ERRATUM] ProjetE PLEASE READ

Postby Molybdene » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:38 am

Solar panels gives you power, not the same thing, even if I see the connection with MFR laser Drills.
Laser Drills are getting you resources, in return of a lot of power that you need to get from a very high priced solar source of power that requires tons of machines and investment.
I don't have any issues in getting mycelium from other sources than a mushroom biome, really
UU-Matter is a high end product that can't be harvested without "spawning them" with a LOT of power and a LOT of scrap boxes.
And finally, I'd rather have a lag free MFR laser drill or Igneous Extruder to get the cobble than a vanilla cobble generator.

EE2's (or ProjectE) Energy Collectors are very cheap, even the MK3, and gives you resources from the "sun", or, better and simplier, the light from a glowstone. I don't want this kind of system, period.
Hi from France! Image

Molybdene
Admin

Postby Molybdene » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:44 am

I'm pretty sure I don't have to justify myself some more, but it seems that I have to anyway :

MFR breeder & butcher is an automation, not creating out of nothing
AE2 stores items, it does not create it.
Mining drils, Ultimate Solar panels & UU-Matter are very high end blocs that requires a lot of machines

Energy collectors are cheap and requires only diamonds and redstone and lapis.
Hi from France! Image

SwampGoat

Postby SwampGoat » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:31 am

Darn - this was the mod I was focusing on. But whatever. Will focus on Immersive Engineering or something else instead, then. Will rid myself of my new power flower this evening (US EDT).

Molybdene
Admin

ProjetE

Postby Molybdene » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:53 pm

Don't bother, if this is what you wanted to play with, I guess I'll go along with it.

I changed my mind on this decision, will not change anything. have fun
Hi from France! Image

Rararawr

Re: ProjetE

Postby Rararawr » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Was sad I was gonna have to take down my EMC generator right after I got it all set up, but your last post says I can keep it, right?
And it wasn't that easy to set up, more expensive than anything else I've made so far, and it took a lot of sciencing in single player. And not having to constantly go mining or set up quarries is more fun to me and easier on the server

SwampGoat

Postby SwampGoat » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:55 pm

Okay, cool. Let's monitor how it goes, and I'll commit to not go "overboard" on the passive generation aspect of it. The vast majority of EMC I have generated so far has been from manually mining diamonds in the mining age. This is still a good motivation for me to change my primary focus to Immersive, which is a mod I have never touched.

Molybdene
Admin

Postby Molybdene » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:15 pm

hmm, Haven't changed a thing on the emc values.

Will fix that once I'm back home
Hi from France! Image

Rararawr

Postby Rararawr » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:46 pm

Noticed that a while ago, and gave it a quick test to see how powerful it was. Way more free emc than the blaze rod thing. And you don't even need to grind it, just place it and mine it. Even if you only get one its still creates emc, and is very fast to do if your pick can instantmine it.

Rararawr

Postby Rararawr » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:33 pm

1 Snowball and 2 Redstone makes a blizz powder. But yes, anything craftable entirely with materials straight from a transmutation table should also have an emc value.

Molybdene
Admin

Postby Molybdene » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:46 pm

I have no issues with blizz powder and blizz rods having EMC, will do that before the next restart as the refresh command crash the mod ;)

I found some blizz right next to my house & the spawn, so they do spawn in the overworld.
Hi from France! Image

hnoor0066

Postby hnoor0066 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:17 am

thanks for everything

Return to “BeastSquish”