[Co-Op] Regrowth Offline Communication Thread

For discussion of the FTB server.
Crossfire94
Admin

[Co-Op] Regrowth Offline Communication Thread

Postby Crossfire94 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:01 am

Figured I'd make a offline communication thread for Regrowth like we had for Sky Factory because that went pretty well.

Spawn as of now is lit up for those who log in. There is a small cave with stuff to use and get early achievements with. We have a very small area of grass at the moment with very minimal crops that aren't 10/10/10 yet. still, it has flint for tools and sticks and stuff for early tools. IF you want to venture out and do your own thing from scratch, by all means go for it!! At this point Lepharian and I are building up the area around spawn in hopes to make it into a "starter town" of sorts that anyone is welcome to use.

We also have a dedicated voice channel on the Indiesquish Discord Server if any of you want to make use of that. With that in mind. This is a thread.
日本語だいすき!!
アニメといいですね!
Ask Me Anything!

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Re: [Co-Op] Regrowth Offline Communication Thread

Postby Pookkah » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:01 pm

I have started playing. I am not good at it, as usual, but I have started my small area on a tiny island so I can do my quests. :D

Pook

Lepharian
Pumpkin Fiend

Postby Lepharian » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:41 am

Been playing for a while and having a lot of fun regrowth, Cross... your probably gonna want to leave that party you set up... because I've been doing ALOT of questing. :P

I've set up a Town Hall w/ fairly large underground storage room, as well as a community farm w/ a few breeds of animals and a lot of different Magical Crop essences. We have a nether portal, an Eleven trade portal and an End Portal that I have the Eyes of Ender all ready to activate.

Other then that, we have a few railcraft multiblock structures, a Witchery altar at about 9000 power atm and a Tinker's Smeltery in the storage room.

While everything is communal, I ask that you don't go around pinching things of high value, ala a certain full set of Elementium Armour.

For Witchery enthusiasts, the attic of the town hall has a 'Dream Weaver of Nightmares' set up for Dream World exploration. I'll 'eventually' try to set up a Wispy cotton farm once I finally manage to enter it without triggering a nightmare.

Also thanks to Mycroft, we also have the start of a Concrete road network! Though I might not use it myself all that often, now I have a flying broomstick and all~.
You lose a fly to catch a Trout.

Youtubes; Currently Leph playing 'Undertale!'
The Twitterbirds

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:14 pm

I am still trying to do my quests. I am on vacation this week so hope to play inbetween finishing up my crocheting projects for Saturday's craft sale and building a house in the Mesa of Creeperville! Do we need to be in a party? Hawk and I were wondering. I live near Fauxx and Hawk so maybe with them?

I am still trying to breed some seeds. So far I have mandrake. I have been trying to breed the wheat and corn, potato and carrot but nothing happening so far. Is there a trick to this? Do I need to let my plants grow and not touch them?

Lepharian
Pumpkin Fiend

Postby Lepharian » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:47 pm

Just as a general tip for Cross breeding, you'll want to have empty tiles next to your crops with both tiers of crop-sticks on them (Aka right click on that tile twice with crop-sticks, or shift-click).

To better the chance of cross-breeding, you want to keep the two plants in the 'mature' growth stage so try not to harvest them. You can bone-meal them to speed this up (unless they're essence crops, in which case you'll either to wait or use Magical Fertilizer).

Once you've got yourself some Iron, you can create some Garden shears which let you cut the top off of mature plants and place them down on other tiles like seeds. However they don't always succeed, but the higher the strength of the original crop, the more likely they are to succeed.

The other two stats boosts the growth speed and the no. of drops from the plant. Hence why the most avid of gardeners try to shoot 10/10/10 crops. Which clearly isn't me, because most of mine are not that perfect :P.

And to answer your other question Pook, you don't have to! But if you are playing alongside someone else then it is certainly helpful! The benefits of being in a party are, when someone completes a quest, it's completed for the entire party and each and every member can claim the reward. Even if your offline at the time, you can still claim the rewards when you log back on.

The Twitterbirds

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:01 pm

Oh, I should have been in a party when i started then! I am so slow with the quests hahhaaa!

Thanks for the planting/breeding info! Logging on to check things out!

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:24 pm

Oh, Thanks!! I need the Horn of the Canopy! Sounds great! I just have my flint tools right now for stuff, but they are okay.

We'd need a bridge to my island and then to Hawk's, lol! Right now I use the boat, but I break it every time on dismount, lol!

Today I need to learn what I'm supposed to be doing with the mana pool thing, lol! :D

Pook

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:28 pm

My mana pool stuff. Is this what I'm supposed to be doing?? I can't chop down my flowers though, ugh!

My garden so far. I'm out of room. I might need to redesign it.

My house so far....just a cellar, haha! I am saving wood to do an actual house on top. :D

SwampGoat

Postby SwampGoat » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Nice Pook! On your dayblooms and nightshades - flowers of the same type can't be placed next to each other, so tile them. So, plant them like this (D=daybloom / N=nightshade).

D N D N
N D N D

Some of them are working (hence the blast from the mana spreader), but one of those dayblooms won't (or shouldn't) work with one next to it.

Lepharian
Pumpkin Fiend

Postby Lepharian » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:17 am

Oh I wasn't aware you couldn't have flowers of the same type next to one another, does this affect Endoflames too? I have about 6 grouped up beneath my Opencrate auto charcoal Smelter. They all ignite at once when they're given a fuel item.

The Twitterbirds

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:11 pm

Oh thanks, Swampie! I will fix the flowers. :D

I decided to build a lighthouse. Never did one before. Tore it down and restarted about 4 times now until I got it going the height that looked nice. Hope to finish it today. :D

I also have a question. My seed journal book shows to breed sugarcane with pumpkin and sugarcane with melon. I have been trying for two days and nothing! I had the garden soil down for the new crossbreed, then yesterday tried sand. What the heck am I supposed to put down for the crossbreed to grow on? Does anyone know? Please, help. :D

Pook

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:53 pm

My first death, lol! I wish I could have kept the head!

SwampGoat

Postby SwampGoat » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:43 pm

Melon with Sugarcane will cross breed to Dandelion. The soil under the cross should be garden soil - NOT tilled. Ideally, both parent plant should be mature.

Pumpkin with Sugarcane will cross to poppy - same soil/conditions as above.

I seem to recall having lots of failures with at least one of those myself - keep trying!

And RIP.

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:57 pm

Ohhh, that is my problem! I have it tilled! Dang it, been trying for days, hahhaaa! Thanks again!

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:08 pm

Eeek! doesn't it figure! :(

Lepharian
Pumpkin Fiend

Postby Lepharian » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:26 am

I don't have a great Forestry machine set-up, I rarely get involved with machines in Minecraft. I like play for the fantasy, magical aspects, not the mechanical ones.

All my engines are powered on steam generated from my Steam generator. All it needs really is water and fuel, I usually just use coal coke. The switch's for my engines are in a secret corridor behind the painting next to my little 'crucible smeltery thingy'.

The Steam generator is pretty slow, I always do my machining after giving it a few minutes to fill my pipes with steam. I'll maybe eventually make something better, perhaps put together a dedicated machine room/building with a much better set-up if there are plenty quests to encourage further ventures down the machine route.

I started making some Bee stuff but... haven't gone anywhere else after making a climate thingy I have no idea how to use and refraining from learning until I build some sort of Bee dedicated area, as to keep the harmful affects away from the rest of the town.

I also got a Bee-keeper villager in my stockade enclosure who has a trade for a what looks like a special looking Princess Bee. If that is of any interest to you. Among a few other special looking villagers from other mods.

Next time they all try to cram into one building I'll have to try chucking a brew of Love at them all.

The Twitterbirds

Lepharian
Pumpkin Fiend

Postby Lepharian » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:33 am

Well, from what I've read ingame. Some of the more rare and hostile varieties, sting anything that come close to their hive/Apairy/Box. Applying all sorts of negative effects, but you can be protected from these by wearing Bee-Keeper armor set/clothing.

Hence why I figured setting up a dedicated area for Bee-keeping would be best. But as said prior, I know little about the bee's mod. So perhaps we could collaborate in this field/quest line or something?

Possibly set up a dedicated Bee area set-up somewhere in-between N.W and your base?

The Twitterbirds

Lepharian
Pumpkin Fiend

Postby Lepharian » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:52 am

Oh I didn't mean quest party's, because chances are I'd ruin a lot of quests for you :P.

I just mean we could both collaborate to put together a dedicated Bee area. I opened by Thaumcraft around the same time I got the witchery stuff open. My only real recommendation would be to pick out quests that open up new ones and prioritize them over others. Although I'm half convinced the whole reputation system also contributes to unlocking new quests aswell.

The Twitterbirds

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:21 pm

Watch out for the Nether bees...

Molybdene
Admin

Postby Molybdene » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:17 am

well I did asked for players to get in teams.

As for the automation, I can assure you that it is doable. Golems are not hard to do, and can harvest easily the crops and put them in chests. After that, the tech part is back in action.

I certainly regret that you ignore what I suggest and all go ion your own with your quests
Hi from France! Image
Server IP: mc.indiesquish.com
BeastSquish IP: mc.indiesquish.com:25666

Return to “BeastSquish”