Admin

Re: [Co-Op] Regrowth Offline Communication Thread

Postby james9837 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:57 pm

Sounds really cool, mycroft!

Lepharian
Pumpkin Fiend

Postby Lepharian » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:42 am

Though initially to start with, my efforts were joint with both Cross and Rar in our own little quest party, admittedly I have taken to playing alone after neither of them have played in quite a while. Perhaps it was unwise of me to turn down your party offer Mycroft but I nevertheless wish you the best of luck in your own modpack building!

I've spent my last few play sessions trying to set up shop in Witchery's Spirit/Dream world, after successfully entering it without incurring a nightmare. However, the further I go the more I'm starting to realise the amount of work I need to do in order to get to a stage where the 'Brew of Flowing Spirit' one of the primary objectives for progressing in the spirit world, is... really becoming quite an undertaking.

Usually, getting to this stage takes just as long as it does to find diamond in vanilla Minecraft. Once you get over the nightmare part that is, but...eheh... in this modpack...

Making the attuned stone to make the kettle in this modpack requires the Dragonstone from botania, which thus requires making an elven trade portal, which in turn requires Terrasteel and a whole lot of mana generation amongst other tasks. And to even get even get some of the required materials, without first going through the long tedious task of making steel, possibly getting a magical crops essence garden together, etc etc.

This... is really intimidating to be honest, having done all this stuff prior in the main world, I have estimate of how long this will take me... and it's pretty darn long :P.

Now... I've had a read online, and learnt that the Tinker's toolbelt extra hotbar is able to bypass the Spirit worlds separate inventory. That and it's also possible to obtain an enderpearl from the Oysters and such possible to make an enderchest to transfer items between the two worlds.

My question would be, do you regard, using either of these methods to allow items to be transferred between the two worlds, to be cheating?

Spirit world wise, I'm as far as getting a Smeltery built (thanks to the grout deposits underground) and just made an Almuite pickaxe (this alone has already taken far longer than it would be in Witchery alone/other packs), doing so however has already consumed the bulk of my prior play sessions, with the next major steps being to make the multi-block structures necessary to create steel and from there.... ALOT of botania stuff ^^;.

Either way, my plans are to get the necessary witchery components in place for any future Spirit world visitors to acquire Wispy cotton and brew a brew of flowing spirit with ease for all their witchery needs. Now it's either I take the long tedious road of getting all the components necessary through the spirit world alone (unless anyone wants to help me speed up the process with an extra pair of hands~) or... I use a...slightly unintended way of bring the components over and vastly speed up the process ;P.

I'm personally fine with the slow road but... my sanity can only take so much ^^;.

(There are other ways this can be achieved too, the above points are just popular examples I found. I'm just trying to bring the point about that the progression required to reach Spirit Worlds goal is HUGE to compared to the 'intended' progression from the Witchery mod by it's lonesome.)
You lose a fly to catch a Trout.

Youtubes; Currently Leph playing 'Undertale!'
The Twitterbirds

Lepharian
Pumpkin Fiend

Postby Lepharian » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:14 pm

Well, the spirit world is a part of Witchery. It's a dream version of the main world that is only visited through sleeping. The main way to get there is to create a brew of sleeping and drink it. However, chances are you'll fall into a Nightmare, which is an endless night version of the world with a horrible monster chasing you constantly.

But with the right items, basically creating a dedicated 'sleeping space'. You can prevent the nightmare and visit an endless 'day' variation of the world.

The gimmick of course, being a 'dream' is no items are brought through with 'some' exceptions. These being the dream world exclusive items, Wispy/disturbed cotton, subdued spirits and the Brew of flowering spirit. Although Icy needles may be brought in from the main world to wake ones else up while in the dream world. You'll also be woken up if you die in the dream world or... if another player tampers with your Sleeping body in the real world.

As mentioned in my prior post, the main reason to visit the spirit world is to ultimately brew the Brew of flowering spirit, which can only be created in the dream world. Normally, making one simply requires a player to get as far as least one diamonds and have a few Witchery crops growing, all perfectly do-able fairly quickly with the right amount of luck. There's a few other things the Spirit world allows, but the above are the prime reasons for visiting it.

But the sheer scope of things required of you by this modpack is very daunting, due to the attuned stone recipe being changed to require a botania Dragon stone. I don't know if this was intentionally or overlooked on the Modpack developers part, but despite the presence of ores and grout in the spirit worlds underground. This still requires ALOT of set-up. Far more than what the base mod would have you do and there-in lies my problem and why I thought I'd bring it up.

*Talked with Moly in the chat last night, had no issues with bypassing the Spirit worlds separate inventory, encouraged it even ;). SO I've gone ahead and transferred a few items over. There's a little Wispy cotton garden by my SW base camp, with the apparatus set up for making Fanciful threads and brew of Flowing spirit, although fellow witches will need to bring their own ingredients. Though I've dumped some of my left overs and planted a few Witchery trees around the area. *

The Twitterbirds

SwampGoat

Postby SwampGoat » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:05 am

Hi all. How does the end work on this pack? Is there only one? I was working on quests and decided to complete the end portal quest after realizing how simple the recipe for the portal placer was. I had already seen the portal near spawn so used it to achieve the location part of the quest instead of placing my own.

I figured I would just jump in and jump back out because certainly someone had already killed the dragon, right? Nope. After nearly getting pushed off the obsidian platform by a rogue blue slime upon arrival, I see the boss bar showing the dragon alive and well. Hmph. I hadn't prepared for a fight: only 41 arrows and a dozen or so baked potatoes for food. After a brief bout of panic, I thought, "SwampGoat, you go this!" I blew up a good number of the pillars on one side of the island, and with only one arrow left I set about attacking the dragon. After what felt like about an hour of fighting, I had her down by about 1/4 when I realized..."oh yeah... /home" is another way to get out of here!

I am not a particularly smart man.

So she lives on. If it's a community location sorry if I was dabbling in what is often a community event. If it's my own special end, I will take care of business on another day...

Lepharian
Pumpkin Fiend

Postby Lepharian » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:20 am

As far as I know the End is the same for everyone, hence why I've refrained from going there myself. So we might all engage the dragon in a community effort and hopefully allow all of us to complete the quest simultaneously.

Though there are ways to respawn the dragon, I believe they take some serious work being put into Magic Bee's to which no one has really made enough progress in to reach that area.

The Twitterbirds

SwampGoat

Postby SwampGoat » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:29 am

Something strange has happened. When I logged in this evening, I opened my inventory to find I had two quest books. When I opened one up, it began narrating the story. It seems to have been reset. I have zero quests completed, and it says I have died zero times. Reckon what's up with that?

EDIT: To say that I see I have been invited to MCG's party (never saw it before, sorry!). I thought I would be clever and accept that since he was further along than I still am but to no avail.

Additionally, all people show as zero deaths. No other apparent changes - inventory is fine, etc.

EDIT 2: I'm also unable to complete any new quests, so even just deciding to start over and run through them isn't going to work.

Molybdene
Admin

Postby Molybdene » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:37 am

Try to find me online on Discord at the same time than me, Swamp, and we will work this out.

Edit:

It seems that when the server crashed, it resets all quests for everyone. Thats... a problem
Hi from France! Image
Server IP: mc.indiesquish.com
BeastSquish IP: mc.indiesquish.com:25666

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:26 pm

Oh, did it really?? I have to go see.

P.S. I just went to start up the game and it says a new mod pack version is available. Should I say yes and let it update? Eeek! Scared to mess something up, lol!

Pook

YellowPieGuy

Postby YellowPieGuy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:03 pm

Don't update yet, I did and can't join. See you when the server updates! :/

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:28 pm

Can you downgrade? I dunno these things.

We are going one big team! Hawk will have to do the invites for the party. It is called SquishSquad! I guess grab him on the server or put your name here so he can invite you. :D

SwampGoat

Postby SwampGoat » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:46 am

If the invitation can happen offline - please add SwampGoat!

As an interesting post-script to my issue about not being able to complete quests, I was able to complete a quest today, but the very first quest still seems stuck. We'll see what happens once I'm invited to SquishSquad.

Pookkah
SquishKittyPook

Postby Pookkah » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:21 am

Hawk is inviting you. You go into your quest book to accept

Return to “BeastSquish”