Big Build World

For discussing things on the Big Build world
kongering
SquishKittyKong

Big Build World

Postby kongering » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:27 pm

We would like to go more in depth with what we would and wouldn't like the new Big Build world to be about. From the initial presentation:

BIG BUILD WORLD

* Border starting at 1500x1500
* ONLY for large builds, solo or communal
* Experimentally not rerolling the world - we’ll expand the border when it needs it and see how big it gets
* Survival mode
* All big builds are to be recorded in a specified forum post with coordinates upon starting
* Abandoned projects will be regenerated
* Allowed builds are architecture, dragons and other mythical creatures - creatures must be organic and not blocky
* This is the place to build impressive builds, be it solo or community build. This world should be kept pretty, so keep large scale resource gathering to exploration.

____

ALL above worlds have shared inventory. Exploration should be used for extensive resource gathering for builds in ANY of the survival worlds.

Note that Big Build will be replacing Forest Caves, as FC has fallen into inactivity since the inventory split. The Big Build world will very likely be a 'normal' seed world and not a specially generated world because of the strain the fancy worlds put on PC resources.

Our wish for Big Build is that it's a good looking world. A world of builds that are astonishing and have required big efforts to do. A place where not only the single builds are well planned, but also that they are though into their surroundings and neighboring builds, leaving proper space between eachother, have well made roads (that follow the lay of the land) and maybe even is coordinated with it's neighbors so you dont get two medieval castles next to each other, or that your builds compliment eachother, etc.

This world is a survival world, but it isn't about surviving. It isn't about ressource gathering (use exploration for that). If you're making eg. a mine in your build, it's because a mine fits in, and you make the mine for looks rather than for ressources.
You don't cobblebridge your way around a ravine to get to the iron, you either leave the ravine for others to use in a build, or make it into something cool. Same thing with the rest of the world, the nature needs to be kept pretty and clean untill it's used as backdrop for an awesome build. It's that kind of thinking we want: the world is a canvas and the main focus is making it look as good as possible.

We expect above average quality builds. Builds where materialchoice, placement in the landscape, and style should be well thought about. It's not about building big area-wise, but quality-wise. Not all "big" builds will fit in this world, we still have exploration for those. We reserve the right to (re)move builds that are too much under par.

This is the place for people and teams that take their building serious, and are used/prepared to spend a long time not only gathering materials, but also on building and giving attention to the details.

New rule: If you want to build here, find a location, make a post, and then WAIT for an admin to tell you it's good before you build.

BlackBoltSpy

Re: Big Build World

Postby BlackBoltSpy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:23 am

Hello, This is BlackBoltSpy (username) I would like to apply for Big Build. I would like to make a theme park. I would like to build this is because i like building stuff for other people to enjoy. I would like to build it on a little island'ish place. these are the coords for where id like to build . X: -4
Z:608 through X-191 Z: 705

I Hope you reply to my request!

Sincerly,

Spy

WelshPixie
Owner

Postby WelshPixie » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:06 pm

Hi Spy!

We're not really looking for things like themeparks on Big Build. The world is for one single build, not a collection of smaller builds. And that doesn't mean one large rollercoaster - it's for architecture, not 'rides' or statues or anything that doesn't fall strictly into the architecture slot.

As it says in the rules of the world in the top post here;

"* Allowed builds are architecture, dragons and other mythical creatures - creatures must be organic and not blocky"

:)
Image Steve Quest - the original Minecraft point-&-click adventure!

kjfhadskl

Postby kjfhadskl » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:47 am

I would love to get on and build on this world but it seems there is no area to apply to be white listed so I could join the server. Someday I hope to be able to get on that world and build maybe a giant castle or something. One question is there world edit?

Crossfire94
Admin

Postby Crossfire94 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:13 am

kjfhadskl wrote: One question is there world edit?

Nope! You might want to post a introduction to let us get to know you better. That will also allow the whitelist process to move forward.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken!
The force will free me.
-Sith Code

BlackBoltSpy

Postby BlackBoltSpy » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Hello... Yes, I am back asking for permission to build in Big Build again.. Same coords exept the through is shortened. X:-4 Z:608 Through X:-70 Z:637
So, Basically that Mini-Island. Wait, I forgot to mention what I am building. I am hoping to build a modern Clocktower. Mostly made out of quartz and some gold. It should be about 16x16 and hopefully almost 3/4 of the Build limit height. I hope you like this idea more.... :P

Have a nice day >:)

Crossfire94
Admin

Postby Crossfire94 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:11 am

Not even sure if the world is still around now that we have switched main worlds.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken!
The force will free me.
-Sith Code

Fauxx
Admin

Postby Fauxx » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:28 am

It will return! Eventually.