BIG BUILD WORLD
* Border starting at 1500x1500
* ONLY for large builds, solo or communal
* Experimentally not rerolling the world - we’ll expand the border when it needs it and see how big it gets
* Survival mode
* All big builds are to be recorded in a specified forum post with coordinates upon starting
* Abandoned projects will be regenerated
* Allowed builds are architecture, dragons and other mythical creatures - creatures must be organic and not blocky
* This is the place to build impressive builds, be it solo or community build. This world should be kept pretty, so keep large scale resource gathering to exploration.
ALL above worlds have shared inventory. Exploration should be used for extensive resource gathering for builds in ANY of the survival worlds.
Note that Big Build will be replacing Forest Caves, as FC has fallen into inactivity since the inventory split. The Big Build world will very likely be a 'normal' seed world and not a specially generated world because of the strain the fancy worlds put on PC resources.
Our wish for Big Build is that it's a good looking world. A world of builds that are astonishing and have required big efforts to do. A place where not only the single builds are well planned, but also that they are though into their surroundings and neighboring builds, leaving proper space between eachother, have well made roads (that follow the lay of the land) and maybe even is coordinated with it's neighbors so you dont get two medieval castles next to each other, or that your builds compliment eachother, etc.
This world is a survival world, but it isn't about surviving. It isn't about ressource gathering (use exploration for that). If you're making eg. a mine in your build, it's because a mine fits in, and you make the mine for looks rather than for ressources.
You don't cobblebridge your way around a ravine to get to the iron, you either leave the ravine for others to use in a build, or make it into something cool. Same thing with the rest of the world, the nature needs to be kept pretty and clean untill it's used as backdrop for an awesome build. It's that kind of thinking we want: the world is a canvas and the main focus is making it look as good as possible.
We expect above average quality builds. Builds where materialchoice, placement in the landscape, and style should be well thought about. It's not about building big area-wise, but quality-wise. Not all "big" builds will fit in this world, we still have exploration for those. We reserve the right to (re)move builds that are too much under par.
This is the place for people and teams that take their building serious, and are used/prepared to spend a long time not only gathering materials, but also on building and giving attention to the details.
New rule: If you want to build here, find a location, make a post, and then WAIT for an admin to tell you it's good before you build.