trouble typing letters

Status, troubleshooting and general help with the MineSquish Minecraft server
AceiaTx

trouble typing letters

Postby AceiaTx » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:20 am

Hello,

I am not able to type the letters a,c,x or v in the chat fields in the game. Not sure why.

Any ideas?

-AceiaTx

AceiaTx

Re: trouble typing letters

Postby AceiaTx » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:30 am

never mind, rebooting fixed it. Doh!

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:45 pm

Are you on a Macintosh computer? This happens to me when I switch windows away from minecraft and then back if using a Mac. Hitting the 'control' key fixes it (or is it the 'command' key? I forget which one now that I'm not in front of that computer... will check later)

PON3Wolf

Postby PON3Wolf » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:35 am

if it happens again you've reached max keystrokes on that key and it may not work for that time ur computers on /ever again but it normally takes a fair bit since its become buggy mine have been sooo buggy but ive gone 2 - 3 years till now and they still haven't fully stopped so if it happens again keep that in mind but now it seems like you've almost reached ur max keystrokes and it starts bugging but very rare for now

1wolffan
Admin

Postby 1wolffan » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:42 am

I think pon3 means, that it's possible for the keys to wear out after a long time. It's a good idea to occasionally use some canned air to clean out the keyboard, or have an adult do it. To prevent keys from getting sticky, it's also good idea to avoid eating/drinking any sticky things like pop, juice, cookies, mashed potatoes, and things like these when using the computer. But it sounds like it was just a software glitch, if all it took was a reboot.
Always Mischievous,
Never Devious!

Return to “MineSquish Access & Support”