Server Status & Troubleshooting

Status, troubleshooting and general help with the MineSquish Minecraft server
WelshPixie
Owner

Server Status & Troubleshooting

Postby WelshPixie » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:19 pm

If you are having trouble connecting to the MineSquish Server, please read the below before posting asking for help, as it's very likely that your problem is a common one with a known solution.

Firstly, check the Server Status page. Please note, however, that very occasionally the server may stop responding, which kicks everyone from the server but still makes the server show as 'online' on this page. We are normally made aware of this issue shortly after it happens and can bring the server back quickly, unless it's night time in South Africa and we're fast asleep dreaming of fluffy bunnies, in which case you're looking at waiting up to eight hours.

One of the most important first-step resources is this site - http://isminecraftdown.net/ - if minecraft.net is down, nobody will be able to connect to our servers.

Common Error Messages:

Client error - java.NullException.error - Update Java and Minecraft and try again.

Error 503 - "HTTP no response" - Minecraft.net is down or the authentication servers are having problems. Keep trying; it'll let you in eventually.

User Not Premium - You are either playing in offline mode, or you do not have a full, paid Minecraft account. Only genuine, full, premium Minecraft users can play on our servers.

The Server Responded With An Invalid Server Key - The server is having trouble talking to the Minecraft Authentication Servers (during busy periods). Keep trying; it'll let you in eventually.

Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed - Please read http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topic ... texception

Internal exception: Java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error. - Please read http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/472 ... ion-reset/

Internal exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out. - The connection to the server failed. Possibly caused by high latency to the server (you can check by running a tracert to mc.indiesquish.com), heavy traffic on the server, etc.

Outdated Server - You are trying to connect with a different version of Minecraft than the server is running. You can see the server version from the Multiplayer server connection menu inside Minecraft.

My Problem Isn't Here - What Can I Do?

One last step before you post here asking for help - go to http://help.mojang.com/ and search for the error message or problem you are having.

Finally, if none of the above helped and you still can't connect to the server, make a post here. If the server is down, some of the other players will join in to confirm it and one of the admins will let you know when it's back up.
Image Steve Quest - the original Minecraft point-&-click adventure!

Alexandermonkey2

Re: Server Status & Troubleshooting

Postby Alexandermonkey2 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:32 am

Pixie - I got stuck at the Explore return portal and it glitched. Some blocks got busted as I tried to stop it happen and I can't fix them :(

it was some wool and a dirt.

Sorry.

Crossfire94
Admin

Postby Crossfire94 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:42 pm

I'll take care of it when I get home today. Thanks for letting us know Alexander!
日本語だいすき!!
アニメといいですね!
Ask Me Anything!

Alexandermonkey2

Postby Alexandermonkey2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:02 am

Thanks Crossfire. Sorry for the accident.

Alexandermonkey2

Postby Alexandermonkey2 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:07 am

Hello,

I tried to log in today and it says Java.net exception: connection refused: no further information

Is it broken?

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:40 am

I'm getting the same thing, Alexander.. pinging Pixie/Rusty. I'm sure it'll be back up today.

Edit:
... aaannndd its back! Thanks, owners! :)

SuperLadybug

Postby SuperLadybug » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:13 am

'Ello, any type of staff: Me and other people cannot build in squishionary. Please help. - Super, atm TbhKitty
Lazyness is a lie,
All I am is Hyper and entergetic.
Most like me like to play.
So happy to stay!
:twisted:

1wolffan
Admin

Postby 1wolffan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:15 am

'Ello, any type of staff: Me and other people cannot build in squishionary. Please help. - Super, atm TbhKitty
Well, this isn't quite the right place for an in-game bug (those should be in bug reports) but I'll still drop the admins a line, and see if they can get on this Ladybug. Thanks for letting us know.
Always Mischievous,
Never Devious!

theMote
Admin

Postby theMote » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:49 am

Hi Super (aka TbhKitty). Thanks for letting us know. 1wolffan bonked me on the head and I've fixed up both the Squishionary and spleef arena areas so hopefully they'll both work for you now. Post again if you run into any problems with them.

Cheers,
-Mote.

Return to “MineSquish Access & Support”