The Return of PVPong! Remastered!

Server news & announcements for the MineSquish Minecraft server
Lepharian
Pumpkin Fiend

The Return of PVPong! Remastered!

Postby Lepharian » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:21 pm

An old minigame returns in a new form! Back in the Triumph days we had a fun mini game called PVPong, that ran using command signs to rocket people in the air and have gun each other down while bouncing about like Ping-Pong balls!

This old game finally returns but In a new, remastered form! I assure you, the game won’t be breaking down because of a plugin going rogue! We hope...as this one runs with vanilla commands now!

Now equipped with a fairly Pongy bow, infinite arrow supply and a Slime block helmet that smells pongier than your old sweaty socks. Its time to get some sweet airtime as you bounce about on Slimeblocks, traversing over lava and dodging your foes arrows with your sick Jump boosting prowess!

Use /gPong to enter the world!
and be welcomed back to the realm of PVPong!

The New Pong Map! Look slimey it is!

How To Play!

When you enter the world you’ll show up on a small glass platform. To enter the battlefield you need to enter one of two doors on either side. The only difference is they’ll spawn you on opposite sides!

Once your in, jump around and fire arrows at the other players! Evade their arrows and the lava lakes beneath you and rack up some kills!

You can also punch em with your bow in close range, it is equipped with Knockback 2 so send those folks trying to get in your face into the nearest lava lake!

You do not naturally regen health here, if you take damage you need to pop into one of the corner hidey holes and activate the Pressure pad. It’ll give you a short lived regen effect! (Heals roughly 2.5 hearts). The centre hidey hole is a little bit different, it won’t heal you presay, but will certainly help you survive!

Thats really it! Go have fun! A few extra details though...

No bad mouthing others! Be a good sport!

The world has its own inventory, so despite the fact dieing does remove your items. You’ll be given a fresh set the next time you enter the Pong Arena! There is NO downside to being killed!

Trying to Spawn camp is for the most part, futile. When a player first spawns in they get a few seconds of Resistance. Enough so, that you can touch ground and get a jump in before no one can physically hurt you!

At the Spawn there’s also a board where you can view your kill Count! Click the button to the left to display it, and the button on the right to clear it!

Now one more feature, the Kill board also has a button labelled 'Check Rank, Kill Milestones'. This basically tp's you for a quick sec while some fancy wizardry checks your kills and if you've met a certain Milestone, you'll be reward with Squish Points!

Try Sniping a moving er...bouncing Target!
Being Sneaky are we..?
I can flllyyyy!
You lose a fly to catch a Trout.

Youtubes; Currently Leph playing 'Undertale!'
The Twitterbirds

AMinecraftMaster

Re: The Return of PVPong! Remastered!

Postby AMinecraftMaster » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:47 pm

Looks awesome! I for one really missed PvPoing, was one of my favorite worlds to visit. Now, if you'll excuse me...

*scurries on to the server*
This has been a message by
-AMM-

I make Youtube videos once in a blue moon. Check them out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCAw57k4s-h1UD-fSLf_lHQ

james9837
Admin

Postby james9837 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:48 am

Please Note: No Killing Yourself to Up Your Kill Rank.

Burningvillage

Postby Burningvillage » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:49 am

I never got to play this so I have a question. Did you modify the height people can jump to make this work and if so, how did you do it?

Fauxx
Admin

Postby Fauxx » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:33 am

A modified jump boost potion and slime blocks if i remember correctly.

Lepharian
Pumpkin Fiend

Postby Lepharian » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Yep! Players were given an never-ending, high level jump boost potion effect via /effect and the arena's mostly a big platform with bunch of slime blocks to bounce around on!

I'd also like to report this minigame will be returning sometime soon, now that we've settling in to the new world! Keep an eye out for a new forum topic for when we announce it's return! :)
You lose a fly to catch a Trout.

Youtubes; Currently Leph playing 'Undertale!'
The Twitterbirds

Sean

Postby Sean » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:02 pm

Awesome.. Can't wait to see this back again! :)
Ign: Insi

Return to “MineSquish News & Announcements”