Introduction for Robo4 (RoboSteve74)

Robo4

Introduction for Robo4 (RoboSteve74)

Postby Robo4 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:40 pm

Hi There.

My son and I share a minecraft account and are interested in joining the server. Generally, it will be my son who is playing, but occasionally I may be playing on his account at times. I hope that's okay. We like building and exploring in particular, but we are not 'hardcore' builders. We just play at it for fun, without digging into projects that are too over the top. We agree to abide by the rules and look forward to being allowed onto the server if that's possible. We're fairly new to online gaming communities in general, so a little help may be needed to walk us through the 'how to's' of using the system. Any tips on posting / gaming etiquette that aren't already clear may need to be pointed out to us as well, but we'll do our best.

Kindly let us know what steps we need to complete in order to be included in the server. Multiplayer Minecraft seems like fun, and we look forward to participating in your family friendly community.

Regards,

Robo4 (game name: RoboSteve74).

kongering
SquishKittyKong

Re: Introduction for Robo4 (RoboSteve74)

Postby kongering » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:52 pm

Hiya,

Since you've gone over the rules, we've added RoboSteve74 to the whitelist, Welcome to MineSquish to the both of you!
Please remember our important rule: "If you didn't build it, you don't touch it; no breaking OR adding to other people's builds without their expressed permission".
I've written a guide for parents and their young minecrafters you might find handy: http://indiesquish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=49.

Holler if you have any questions, that also means ingame, most of our players have been around for awhile and are happy to help if you announce you are new to the server!

Kong :)

theMote
Admin

Postby theMote » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:02 am

Welcome Robo4, my son (LilBear07) and I play on Minesquish as well. I've started a little Let's Play video series playing survival on the Minesquish server. I go over some of the commands available on the server as well as some of the server rules as we go along.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVk_UoLt2kvmJhcxhLEpvy1pm2l_VoUFv

Robo4

Postby Robo4 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:09 am

Lots of questions...

I've gotten into a server (er... We have) and someone joined and asked who we are. How do we chat to players once in the game? Again TOTALLY NEW. We know pretty much nothing... so we'll need lots of help. Is there a 'how to' manual online somewhere that you would recommend?

theMote
Admin

Postby theMote » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:09 am

To chat press the "t" key. It will open the chat window and you can type commands and chat into the line there. To close the chat window press the "Esc" key.

I'll see if I can find a how-to reference or link when I have a minute.

kongering
SquishKittyKong

Postby kongering » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:08 pm

If you are new to the game you might want to watch PaulSoaresJr on YouTube, he has an excellent series for new Minecrafters and it's family friendly (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7326EF82122776A9)

If you are new to servers, read that guide I linked earlier, it lists most differences between SinglePlayer and MultiPlayer and watch theMote introduction to MineSquish, that should help hopefully! Haven't seen any other guides for first online experiences, but I'll keep an eye out :D

Return to “Introductions”