Hello folks!

Old_Wizard

Hello folks!

Postby Old_Wizard » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:44 am

Hello, my name is Old_Wizard and I'm an 18-year-old from the UK. I've been playing Minecraft for a while now, to give you a rough idea, round about when ChimneySwift11 started The Minecraft Files. However, I've mainly been playing singleplayer all these years and never really found the appetite for multiplayer until now. Probably because I've just finished my A-Level exams (studied Computer Science, Biology, Mathematics and Physics) and had a sudden interest in Minecraft again!

A little bit about me; I'm heading off to university this September to study Computer Science and in my free-time I love to read political books and memoirs. I'm currently reading a book about Post-Truth Politics. I recently discovered the joy of radio too and regularly listen to one of the UK's most popular talk radio station.

I've looked at a few Minecraft servers, but they all seem to have a fragmented community with some rather nasty, unpleasant individuals. I then remembered MCWB (thanks to one of Chim's old videos/server tour videos) and I googled it to find out that it had been shut down and turned into IndieSquish/MineSquish and knew that I had to apply.

Thank you for reading! :D

chiprock2
Admin

Re: Hello folks!

Postby chiprock2 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:13 pm

Hey hey!

Welcome to IndieSquish ;) Sounds like you and I have a lot in common; I've also just finished my A Levels, and studied Physics, Computer science and Geography (I took maths for AS but didn't have the stomach to actually finish the course, lol). I'm also quite big on politics, and found the server in a similar way to you so it was... interesting to read through your intro :D

Before I add you to the whitelist, could you just confirm that you've gone over all of the rules?

Thanks!
chiprock2

Old_Wizard

Postby Old_Wizard » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:20 pm

Hey chiprock2! Glad to hear that we have a lot in common :D I guess you are lucky that you didn't take maths for A2 then, the C4 exam this year as leaked apparently :(

And yes, I've read, understood and agree to the rules :)

chiprock2
Admin

Postby chiprock2 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:44 pm

Yeeah I've heard a few people say that about the C4 paper. I've added you to the whitelist, so you should be able to connect via mc.indiesquish.com :)

Old_Wizard

Postby Old_Wizard » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:02 pm

Great! Thanks a lot!

Sean

Postby Sean » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:23 am

Interesting that you found out about the server the same way I did!
Anyways, welcome to Indiesquish.. Hope you like it here! :D
Ign: Insi

Return to “Introductions”