hello indie squish

Scylaxu

hello indie squish

Postby Scylaxu » Sat May 27, 2017 1:07 am

Hello, I'm a parent of a 7 yr old who's interested in joining the community. I'd like to join first and check it out. I can show her what it's like and hopefully also convince my wife that's it's safe and appropriate.

I'm a 36 yr old software developer - No not a game dev but a boring webservices developer ;-) I enjoy gaming but lately I've mostly been playing D&D with my friends. I've also played pocket minecraft with my daughter from time to time. She really enjoys playing and watching minecraft videos like stampy cat. She also really likes playing with her cousins who have their own accounts / worlds.

A little while ago I got her a minecraft account to play the full PC version. She's been having a lot of fun with that, noticing the differences between the pocket version and building some of things that she's seen on youtube. She saw the server setting and asked if she could connect to her cousin's world. I wasn't sure how that worked so I looked into it and found that there are all kinds of minecraft servers.

It sounded like a really cool way to play together with a bunch of other parents/kids. I don't know nearly as much as her about the kinds of things you can do in minecraft. (I've only caught a bit of stampy cat) She's the expert which I think is a really cool role reversal.

We read over most of the rules and she has a couple of questions as well.
1) Do you have to answer other people's questions?

2) Can you build more than one house?

Thanks!
Scylaxu <-- that's also my minecraft account name

Crossfire94
Admin

Re: hello indie squish

Postby Crossfire94 » Sat May 27, 2017 6:21 pm

Hey there,

I've gone ahead and added the name "scylaxu" to the whitelist.
To answer your questions:
1) No - you as a player don't have to answer anything.
2) Yes - we have multiple worlds on the server including a freebuild world what is set to creative mode. you can build what ever you wan there. If you want to build something in survival we have a world called Creepervile that you can build with out any restrictions and the world is persistent. We also have an exploration world where you can mine from, and build to your hearts content, but the world does periodically reset.

Holler at us on discord or here if you have any more questions!!
Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken!
The force will free me.
-Sith Code

1wolffan
Admin

Re: hello indie squish

Postby 1wolffan » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:44 am

I have one addition to Crossfire's comment.

1) However, if an admin or a helper (usually marked by special colors in chat) talks to her, she should try to listen/talk to us, or come get one of you parents to talk with us instead. This is usually just to sort out some situation on the server, but it's still very important to listen, and respond to server-specific questions we might ask ("what are you working on?" "have you seen [person or activity] on the server recently?" etc.) But if it doesn't have to do with the game, no she doesn't have to answer a single thing.
Always Mischievous,
Never Devious!

Return to “Introductions”